Sass version

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2 0 2

I just red the sess version on the shopify servers is version Sass 3.2.6. (22 February 2013) and "Because of breaking changes in the Sass project for newer versions, we don't expect to update the version of Sass anytime soon." was said on February 12, 2015.

Although I do understand this, I also wonder how long you expect to keep it this way? The latest versions of just about every css framework (bootstrap, foundation) can not be used with shopify anymore because they require higher versions of Sass. Since theme development and frontend in general is depending on these types of libraries more and more, I would love to know what the current version is and what your plan is...?

"stagnation means decline"

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I'm also waiting for a newer version

@Pier_Segaar wrote:

I just red the sess version on the shopify servers is version Sass 3.2.6. (22 February 2013) and "Because of breaking changes in the Sass project for newer versions, we don't expect to update the version of Sass anytime soon." was said on February 12, 2015.

Although I do understand this, I also wonder how long you expect to keep it this way? The latest versions of just about every css framework (bootstrap, foundation) can not be used with shopify anymore because they require higher versions of Sass. Since theme development and frontend in general is depending on these types of libraries more and more, I would love to know what the current version is and what your plan is...?

"stagnation means decline"

0 Likes