Schedule banners on homepage

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi everyone, 

I saw several posts on this topic but I haven't found the solution for our site.

Some users suggested LaunchPad, but the problem is you have to duplicate the entire theme and switch back to the original theme after the sale ends. aAnd you can't have sales overlapped, for example, one sale runs from Monday to Friday, another one Tuesday to Sunday. That creates a lot of problems because we make a lot of changes on the site daily, if we have several duplicates of the theme with the overlapped period of time, we might be confused about which one we made changes, or we will have to make changes on all of the duplicates to prevent this happens, knowing that the original theme comes back after the sale ends but we have different sale events going on almost every day.

There are some other suggested apps by Bold, which have some problems with our site too.  

What we need is simply schedule the hero banners on the homepage, all the discount parts are taken care of in the backend at the discount section.  Unfortunately there is no such option in the theme. Is there any way to do this without using app?

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Never seen something like this before. In theory, this could be done in section blocks where you would input the data: image, time to start showing banner, time to end showing banner, link/url, etc.

In the liquid code you could reference the time and compare it to the start/end times in the section blocks making the banner show.

We work on Shopify stores to improve, maintain, and build functionality across all store types.
- Reach Out To Us! | hello@storemedics.com
- Visit Our Site! | https://www.storemedics.com

If we helped, leave a Like / Accept Solution
1 Like
Tourist
7 1 0

Thank you for your reply! 

The theme we use (Impulse) doesn't have the option allowing us to schedule the banner from the editor.

As I am not experienced in coding, I am not sure what code and where in liquid file to implement this function. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

You would need it to be custom built and added to your theme by a developer. 

Alternatively, an app might solve this issue.

We work on Shopify stores to improve, maintain, and build functionality across all store types.
- Reach Out To Us! | hello@storemedics.com
- Visit Our Site! | https://www.storemedics.com

If we helped, leave a Like / Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 0

Thank you!

0 Likes