Search shopify store catalog from Wordpress.org site

Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 2

Hey everyone!

I have a bit of a strange perdicament, which is that when our shopify store was created, it was done on a subdomain. While our main business homepage is a wordpress.org site (pistilsnursery.com), our shopify store is essentially a separate website (shop.pistilsnursery.com).

While the ultimate goal is to merge these into a single website, this is not possible in the immediate future and so the issue created is that our web traffic is split between these two websites. People often land on our homesite looking for products, and leave without finding them.

Though there is a very prominent top-navigation link to the online shop, when I look in my google analytics for the homesite, I see that people are often searching our homesite for items in our catalog. I'm sure some of these people eventually make it to the web shop, but I worry that we're losing a lot of sales from people who search the homesite for products without finding any results.

I'm wondering if anyone can help with a creative solution to this problem. Is there any way that I could have my shopify product catalog searcheable on my wordpress website, so that when a product name is searched on my homesite, the visitor would see a relevant search result and then get redirected to the product page (or at least the catalog index) on the shopify store?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Best,

Jesse

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 2

Just bumping this post. Anyone have thoughts?

Thank you!

Jesse

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Jesse,

Did you ever come up with a solution for this problem? We're havign the exact same problem...

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes