Section Block Product Selector - filter on the product picker

bhagya19
Tourist
11 0 8

Hi,

I have a block that has a product selector. Is there a way I can apply filter on the products that are shown in the selector ex: show products with a specific tag/product type?

Replies 3 (3)

UmairA
Shopify Partner
1106 101 225

Hey there @bhagya19,

Can you please include the URL of your store? I'll take a look for you before I can offer any solution/guidance. Thanks

AuralFetish
Excursionist
33 0 25

@UmairA 

What do you think you achieve from spamming posts with your boilerplate "fake engagement"? I suppose you think you're promoting yourself or your business. Looking at your post history, this is your most common response, and in cases such as this, I wonder if you're even reading the posts. The comment here is certainly not helpful, and the OP isn't asking a store-specific question, which might warrant a site check. Behavior like this makes this forum less useful than it could be, so fewer people visit, and then your "voice" gets less and less reach – it's a vicious cycle. You're shooting yourself in the foot, and bringing the community down. Let me ask you, have you ever scanned thru a product Q&A section on Amazon, where people respond to questions with things like "I don't know" or "I've never used this product but..."? This is how useful your post is to the people trying to understand the issue.

Shopify 
This board could become useful by prioritizing "quality" over "quantity" and removing the incentives for self-promotional non-answers such as the one I am referencing. I'm not certain why, but in my experience, there are few posts on this board that actually touch on a solution or answer. I'm beginning to suspect that this isn't designed to be a place for customers to get answers, but rather as a place for providers to promote themselves to floundering customers. If that's the case, fair play, Umair.

AuralFetish
Excursionist
33 0 25

@bhagya19 were you ever able to find an answer to this question? I've been googling it for nearly 45 minutes, and after coming up empty on helpful sites, I decided to wade into this morass, which masquerades as a community support forum, yet favors self-promotion over real answers.

Based on what I've (not) found, I'm beginning to suspect that we can't filter objects like blogs, articles, pages, collections, and products when using the section schema blocks to prepare theme editor controls for non-technical users, which is quite a shame.

If I do discover a way to filter the product picker in a shopify section schema block, I will (actually) post my findings here.