Selecting a variant doesn't change the image displayed (desktop issue)

Solved
Tourist
38 0 1

Hello, 

I have an issue with this product : https://gourde-morning.com/products/bouteille-personnalisable

It has 2 variants : 

• 1/ Collection (you chosse which collection of bottle you want)
  • 2/ Color (then you chose the color)

When I am on mobile, everything works OK, each time I change collection and/or variant, the image shown is updated and correspond to the current combination collection + color.

But on desktop, for some reasons, it's not working. If you try to change the collection, the image won't be updated and it will not show the image corresponding to the combination collection + color

Any idea why it doesn't work on desktop as it does on mobile ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Astronaut
1094 150 274

Works fine on Chrome and Firefox Developer Edition. Are you using internet explorer? If you are, stop. It's dying. Switch to Edge, Chrome, or Firefox Developer Edition. However I can't get that page to load at all on the standard Firefox, which is unusual.  I couldn't tell you why exactly it's not working, I just know that there's some cross compatibility issues with Javascript between browsers because every browser has a different way of reading script. 

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution! ??
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 1

I am using Chrome and it's not working correctly :/

Do you mean that on desktop with Chrome, you see the picture changes when you click on a different collection (without clicking on a color yet, just by switching from one collection to another) ? 

0 Likes
Astronaut
1094 150 274

Ah, now I see what you're saying. If you change the finish of the bottle it doesnt automatically switch to the default selected color, but after you pick the color it will change. I'll play around with some javascript in the console and see if I can't get that fixed for you. I do see it working on mobile, Im trying to track down the event that triggers it but am not having much luck. I'll see what I can come up with.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution! ??
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 1

Exactly, you understood my problem perfectly :)

That would be awesome if you find whaat's going on there :)

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello, I have the same problem. Can you tell me how you solved it?

0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 1

Hello @MagdaPaul 

I didn't solve it yet :( 

I'm still on it.

According to 1st investigations of a friend of mine, the issue is caused by the vendor.min.js

I'm trying to find access to the JS file (not the min.js) but I'm not sure if I can access this file somehow ?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
2686 67 681

You should talk to the Customisation app people. On mobile the app does not work and theme controls the "mobile" slider which works fine. On desktop, theme tries to control a "desktop slider", but it's not there -- I guess it's replaced by the Customisation app code.

But why the app does not change the image when you change the first option -- this will require a deeper dive :)

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
1 Like
Tourist
38 0 1

Hello @tim 

Thanks for your help :)

I've send a message to the customization app support, I'll let you know if they find something on their side !

Thanks

0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 1

You were right, the support of the app just answered and fix the issue, everything is working fine now here : https://gourde-morning.com/products/bouteille-personnalisable

So glad :)

0 Likes