Serve Scaled Images, can't figure out how?

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 1 1

So I ran my website - https://aerothreads.co through GT Metrix and I get a 0% score for serving scaled images. 

My images are all optimised so I believe this is more of an issue with the code somewhere than with the images themselves. I don't want to reduce the size of the images because they lose quality quite quickly. 

Can anyone take a look a help me out possibly? I'm more than happy to pay if it's something that I won't be able to do myself.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1074 173 211

Hello,

It would require advanced HTML/
CSS knowledge to implement this feature, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

Basically it's related to an attribute called srcset. It automatically resizes the image based on the user's device. So, for instance, if you're checking a picture from your phone that is 400px wide, you don't need the image to be 1200px width. Those extra 800px will just consume completely unnecessary data making your website slower for nothing.

In case you're unfamiliar with these technologies you'll likely want to hire a Shopify developer to assist you.

If it is of your wish, I present myself available to help you.
I've been hired by 20+ people from this very forum, you can read their recommendations about my work clicking here.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 1 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! How much would that roughly cost me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1074 173 211

@Theodore_Allen 

Please send me an e-mail so we can discuss this. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes