Server Side Page Caching (Liquid)

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Hi all, I have a couple questions about what circumstances would cause Shopify to render a page using caching and when to start over again. 

We're experiencing really long load times on our pages, like 10-25 seconds of waiting (TTFB). I've been doing some experimenting to get to the bottom of this. I'm experiencing things like:

• Initial load - 15 seconds
  • Refresh after waiting a second - 250 ms
  • Refresh after waiting another 10 seconds - 14 seconds
  • Refresh after waiting another 30 seconds - 300 ms

I'm not touching any code in my theme during these tests and I'm using the published theme. 

1. What causes pages to do a full re-render?
  2. Do things like product changes, or inventory changes cause caches to invalidate?
  3. Does it matter if a customer is logged in?
    1. For example; a piece of liquid code displays a message if a customer is logged in. If a customer is not logged in, the cache will be created. Once the customer is logged in, do they get to benefit from this cache or will it cause a full re-render again?
  4. Is page-caching enabled when you preview a theme? Because I tried previewing and doing some tests and almost never got a fast load.

load-times.PNG

Appreciate any insights you have. Customers are not happy about the speed of the site :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
770 107 141

Hello, @ozzyonfire 

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

https://ecstasycrafts.com/collections/mediums

or

https://ecstasycrafts.ca/collections/mediums

We have a third party app that calculates wholesale prices on all the items. The problem seems to get worse, when a customer is logged in as a wholesaler. However, you should still notice slow load times. 

0 Likes