Set Image of website link when shared - Responsive Theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

HI, 

My website is www.loveaiki.com 

When sharing this link, it shows an image of two boxes. How do I change that image? I have already gone to preferences and changed the image in social sharing but nothing when I share that link. Also when I share the link to any product on the page, why doesn't it change to an image on the page? 

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

You can try to change it in your theme setting. Online Store => themes => theme settings => social media => social share image.

When you share the link on Facebook, the link may have a cache on Facebook. So you have to clear it with Facebook Debugger. Just input your url, hit "Debug" button and "Scrape Again" button after that. By default, the feature image of each product will be used as the social share image.

You can also try our app if you want to set a custom image for each product, collection, page, etc.

You can refer to the official guide here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/legacy/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings...

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
410 31 60

@nottechsavy wrote:

HI, 

My website is www.loveaiki.com 

When sharing this link, it shows an image of two boxes. How do I change that image? I have already gone to preferences and changed the image in social sharing but nothing when I share that link. Also when I share the link to any product on the page, why doesn't it change to an image on the page? 

Thank you!!

Hi, @nottechsavy!

Sophia here from Shopify. @sillycube is right—depending on your theme, you can likely edit your social sharing image from within your theme settings. You can also set the social sharing image under Online Store > Preferences, but keep in mind that if the setting is available through your theme, the theme settings will always be used by default.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes