Set a fixed image height on the product page?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hey, I looked through the forum and couldn't find anybody asking this question.

Is there a way for the images on the product page to fit based on their height and not width?

I notice that my theme ( and I'm guessing all others ) use code to set the image width and from then automatically adjust the height to keep the ratio. I think this works terribly for vertical images, as mobile phones are vertically oriented so usually they can display the vertical pixels but not the width. If instead, it fit the height of the image and then zoomed in on the width, it would be a much better resolution.

Example: Please view this product from your mobile device.

https://madeextreme.co/products/tst0

You will find that the image in the image slider is far worse quality than the image under the slider ( scroll a bit ).

So is there any way for the slideshow images to display like the image underneath the slideshow? ( fit to height, not width ).

Huge thanks to anyone reading this, I think this would be a massive help to anyone who uses vertical images.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
887 120 156

Hello, @filipcibicek 

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes