Set section thumbnail, block name in theme editor?

Highlighted
23 0 0

Is it possible to set the thumbnail and block name to be displayed in the theme editor?

(If the above image doesn't load, screenshot permalink: http://cory.la/3jER04)

I have an array of items (this list will be ~20 items long), so it'd be useful to see what these items are without having to click into them. Is there a way to load in the swatch name (set within each block) and/or a representative icon? (Each swatch has an image.)

Example of each block:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
385 0 57

Hello Corywatilo,

These seem quite badly documented.

From personal exprience if you move the image_picker setting to the top of the block setting config it would load the image as the "thumbnail". Is this what you looking for?

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
1 Like
Highlighted
23 0 0

Unfortunately this won't work because the images are per swatch and can't be a top-level setting. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
385 0 57

Hello corywatilo,

They dont need to be top level settings, just in the top of that block.

What's not allowing you to move the 'Print Swatch' image selector up on top of 'Print Name' setting?

Kasimir

"Good design is good business"
0 Likes
Highlighted
23 0 0

Ah, I'm new to Shopify - didn't realize moving the item to the top would show the image preview. That will work.

Ideally, would be able to set the property to be displayed - like the name of the swatch - but I won't get too picky. =]

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm sure OP has figured it out, but for those finding this later, the undocumented property for setting the block name in the sidebar editor is "title":

"blocks": [
        {
            "type": "editorial",
            "name": "Editorial",
            "settings": [
                {
                    "type": "text",
                    "id": "title",
                    "label": "This editorial name (so you can find it quickly in the sidebar)",
                    "default": "An Editorial"
                },

Extremely handy when you've got a bunch of non-image repeaters.

3 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Anyone found a way to change the icon without having an image_picker?

I have to blocks (neither uses images) and it would be nice at first glance (without having to click on each) which type each one is. 

0 Likes