Setup Pre-Order Template w/Minimal Theme

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi

I am planning to start a pre-order on my sight - I went through how to create the pre-order page for the minimal theme.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Product-pages-Allow-pre-orders-for-products/m-p/61646...

Tried to follow it but seems like the threads which are open are back form 2015. Would be good to have some help. I can edit code and make changes, but dont want to screw up what ever I have done so for.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1906 120 298

Dear vshammyleela,

If Dont want to screw up what ever you have done so for, then please contact us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: Click Here | task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks - I would still want to see if there are any suggestions to do it in the current minimal theme, it would really help from a learning perspective.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 15

Create a template > Product  > name it pre-order

Change {% section 'product-pre-order' %}

To ‘product-pre-order’%}

Create a section call it product-pre-order

Erase anything that is entered here and replace it with the entire code from the product-template.liquid

Find the line that says

<button type="submit" name="add" id="AddToCart" class="btn {{ btn_class }}{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} btn--secondary{% endif %}">

<span id="AddToCartText">{{ 'Add to Cart' | json | remove: '"' }}

</span>

Replace it with

<button type="submit" name="add" id="Pre-Order" class="btn {{ btn_class }}{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} btn--secondary{% endif %}">

<span id="PreOrderText">{{ 'Pre-Order' | json | remove: '"' }}

</span>

Save everything

Go back to the product in your store as if you are editing it, near tags it should say product suffix, click on the dropdown menu and select product-pre-order. Preview to make sure it is working properly and save!

Let me know if you still need help

0 Likes