Shipping Cost not adding to Total

4 0 0

Hi,

Using the Debut theme, I had edited it so that taxes didn't show and I made it free shipping. I now want to charge for shipping and have added the rates. When I go to checkout it shows the shipping price but its not adding it to the total. How can I make shipping add to the total?

ss.jpg

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @mase2hot !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you!

Thanks so much for including a screenshot - it is helpful. Though usually including a link to your store would also be useful here, as it would allow our community members to test this directly. 

Looking at your screenshot, it does seem like this taken from the initial checkout stage prior to adding address details. Shipping is not added to the total amount until a shipping address has been specified. I would just like to confirm, had you input shipping information when testing this and clicked 'continue'?

If so, and it still appears like above for you, it may be a case that old information has been cached on your own browser. I do suggest to clear your browser cache after making adjustments to your settings. 

If you could try testing this once more and let me know how this goes that would be great. Alternatively, if you could share a link to your store here for me to test on your behalf I would be happy to do so. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Katy

Wow, you are correct on the next page it is correct. My shipping is going to be flat rate so can I have the total to reflect this, simply + £1.99? Can this be done from editing the code or is this not possible?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 0 0

A problem I have just found is it someone uses paypal express checkout its not adding shipping. But its there if the customer then goes to next stage of paypal. This is a bit miss-leading to the customer.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hey, @mase2hot!

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I am glad to hear that the above has been resolved for you. Also, great work on placing a test order, this is always advisable to help assure that your checkout flow is set up correctly.

For flat rate shipping and indeed all shipping rates, you can set this up from within your shipping settings (Admin > Settings > Shipping) directly rather than via your theme's code. We have some info on this here to help you

Regarding PayPal Express, customers are first taken to the PayPal page to enter their credit card information and billing address. After this step, they’re then shown available shipping methods. It is not possible to alter this at this time. However, I do understand what you are saying. A suggested solution here would be to inform your customers that they will encounter this intermediate step if choosing to pay via this gateway. You can do so by creating an information page, and linking it to your footer. Or, by adding a note to the checkout via the checkout language.

I hope this helps though do please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes