Shipping Method

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Hi, 

How do I add A Shipping Method In checkout because it looks like they updated it.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 1.02.56 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 26 71

Hey, @MusiciansHarmon!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Great question! To add a shipping method to your storefront, you would need to add in shipping rates and zones to your Shopify Admin. There are a few different ways to offer shipping rates that you can enable from your Admin. 

The first step you will want to take is to add in Shipping Zones to your Shopify Admin. You can do this by following along to our step by step guide, here

1. First head into your Shopify Admin
  2. When you're in your Shopify Admin, you will want to go into your Settings> Shipping section
  3. Scroll to your 'Zones and rates' section and then click 'Add shipping zone'
  4. You can start adding in the different countries that you would like to ship your products to

Next, you will want to add in shipping rates to go along with your newly created Shipping Zones. You can offer shipping rates depending on the price range that the customer spends, a flat rate amount or even by weight-based shipping rates. Be sure to follow our guide on price-based shipping rates and weight-based shipping rates to view how to add manual shipping rates to your storefront. 

Another option for you would be to add Carrier Calculated Shipping to your storefront as well. Carrier Calculated Shipping would allow you to use a carrier, like USPSDHL ExpressUPS, or Canada Post to ship your products for you. Check out our handy help guide to walk you through the steps you need to take to set up Shopify Shipping and Carrier Calculated Shipping. 

Once you've added in your Shipping Zones and your rates then you customers will be able to select a shipping method from your Shopify Checkout. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes