Shipping carrier default

coolcity
Excursionist
21 0 13

Thanks for bumping this up. 

I can understand that the programmers are probably constantly busy, but it is only a small task to at least be able to select a carrier from the drop-down by typing the first letter, like we used to do. I don't understand how they find the time to make changes that nobody is really interested in yet never seem to find the time to do this. 

Always the same with these big companies, you get a cheery message from the customer service agents that your feature requests will be passed on but there's no real communication, no way to get the message through to the people who matter, so the programmers who made the change are probably blissfully aware that there's even a problem.

What the more responsive companies tend to do is allow people to trial the new changes and ask for feedback before implementing it, not just throw it at you without warning. Ebay did a similar thing yesterday, changed the design of their packing slips with absolutely no warning whatsoever, so if you're printing an order on a pre-printed packing slip with your own information on design on it as we do, the new ebay design overprints part of your own. They must have been bombarded with complaints because they changed it back today, but why tinker in the first place? No need for these changes in most cases. 

For now, I've just reverted to updating the template to state that our default carrier is xxxx unless otherwise stated, rather than keep having to select one from the drop down. But we shouldn't have to do that. This is part of the service we're paying for. 

Ben31
Explorer
82 2 60

Thanks for posting, agree with everything you said.

@coolcity wrote:

For now, I've just reverted to updating the template to state that our default carrier is xxxx unless otherwise stated, rather than keep having to select one from the drop down.

How do you get dev access to that admin page to change the drop-down default?

Cheers, Ben

0 Likes
Andrew-at-bemo
Tourist
7 0 2

Still no response or answer from Shopify??

Seems so small but yeah quite an issue - selecting a carrier for every order ... we're growing fast so I'm becoming an expert at 2 or 3 scrolls down on the mac to find "New Zealand Post".   Either let us have a default carrier, or type in "Ne" at least.   I used to run an ecommerce software company so I do know how small an issue this is to resolve ... 

Back to waiting patiently ...  come on Shopify!

Andrew