Shipping carrier default

Solved
2 0 1

Hi, 

Does anybody know if there is a way to set a default carrier on the order fulfillment page? As it stands we have to select a carrier from the drop down list for every single order individually unless we're dispatching in bulk. I find this extremely frustrating given that we use the same carrier for just about everything. 

Another thing I would like to see is prices displayed on the Products list, again if anybody knows a way to do that it would be very useful. At the moment when we're reviewing our prices we have to view the stock using collections on the website. It seems odd that something as basic as a product list containing prices doesn't exist. 

1 Like

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi @coolcity,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I looked into this for you and tested it a few times to see if I could find a way to make a default carrier and it doesn't seem like there is. 

Because of this, I will put through a feature request on your behalf to the development team. I can see how this would help you time-wise and make the entire fulfillment process more efficient and streamlined. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
2 0 0

Can you help me to activate the carrier shipping API, or do you have conditions that need to be met?
I am very difficult in this section. Thanks

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi @Aroha,

There are some conditions which do need to be met for this. Shopify created a helpful guide for this which you can read here and shown below is the section I screenshot from the guide that highlights the requirements:

19-09-6mhbg-z8zv0

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

How are we expected to know which shipping carrier to use?

I just made my first order via AliExpress from China, using epacket.  Is there a list of recommended, or default, carriers?

I do not understand whether selecting a shipping carrier is a prerogative for an order to be fulfilled, or not.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Well I guess it's the difference between a professional, established seller and those just starting out. You learn as you go. Usually most sites have options for shipping because some people have a carrier they prefer, or some services might cover a certain area better or cheaper than another one. 

We use the same carrier for most items but have different options. For example. economy is free but if customers want a next day or express service it costs more so they'll have to pay for that. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Ni @Nick ,

So if when I see "shipped" for my order from the supplier, and I have not asked for a shipping carrier, do I contact the supplier to learn more?

OR is this something I need to know, just to add a tracking code to the order?

Can I still update my order to "fulfilled" even so? 

Kind Regards

Socrates

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi @a_sokratis,

Really great questions. Selecting a carrier isn't always a prerogative for an order to be fulfilled or not, but it's definitely nice to have and to be able to add to your fulfillment options. With regards to the question you asked in your first post about which carrier to select, ePacket is a carrier in itself and you would select ePacket in this case. The Shopify content team wrote a blog article about dropshipping with AliExpress which you can read here and you can also see below in the screenshot where it highlights to select ePacket as the shipping carrier option if it is available. 

19-11-yco7e-2tcrr

In terms of adding a tracking code to the order, there is another full blog post from the content team about how to apply to track to your AliExpress ePacket order which you can see here

You would still be able to update your order to fulfilled without this information, but it would no doubt be beneficial for the customer if you were able to add it. 

0 Likes