Shipping price

New2U
Explorer
54 1 7

I offer free shipping over $30 , so I set it to be free above $30 , and $7 shipping price for $0.01 - $29.99. I'm testing it in the checkout, with $10 item and a $20 item = $30 , and it's still adding the $7.00 shipping rate, can you not do that when you have a manual 10% code applied? Does the free shipping over $30 count as another discount code or something? I know you can't have 2 codes at a time, so i'm wondering if it's not allowing the free shipping over $30 because the 10% discount is applied. The free shipping isnt another actual manual discount I made, I just set the numbers on shipping rates.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
818 54 96

Hi, @New2U!

Sophia here from Shopify. Based on what you've outlined here, it sounds like you did everything right when creating your shipping rates.

If the 10% discount brought the cart total under the $30 minimum, that's why you're seeing the $7.00 shipping rate at checkout. The cart total will need to be $30 or higher after any discounts are applied in order for the free shipping rate to be valid. Let me know if it's working for orders that are still at $30 or higher after the discount is applied.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
New2U
Explorer
54 1 7

I put an item at $40 , and then i made the shipping ,  US flat rate $30 and up = free price , and US flat rate $0.01 - $29.99 is $7.00 , and the 10% discount is added on the checkout, so it brings it down to $35.96, and its still wanting to charge for the $7.00 shipping

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
818 54 96

Thanks for testing that! Are you able to share a screenshot of the shipping settings here along with your store URL so I can troubleshoot with you? Since I'm not able to view the admin with you from this public space, it would be helpful to see those details. If you'd prefer, you can contact our support team via live chat, email, or callback in the Shopify Help Center so we can take a closer look at things.

0 Likes
New2U
Explorer
54 1 7

Well, it's fixed now , idk how lol, I didn't do anything to it, I think i might have been counting the shipping price into the full amount , and it going over the free shipping amount, was confusing me .-. 

Tysm for willing to help me , I appreciate it! I have another question , are my customers able to save their info so next time they shop, they can just click something and their info will automatically be filled out? So they don't have to manually fill every box again ? I took off the acount sign in , on my website, so there are no accounts involved

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
818 54 96

No problem! I'm glad to hear that it's working now.

If you are using Shopify Payments with Shop Pay enabled as a payment option, customers can absolutely opt to save their information for a faster checkout next time. Shop Pay allows customers to checkout with their credit card, securely encrypting those details along with their billing address, shipping address, and mobile number so they don't have to re-enter each field when they come back to your store. Do you have Shopify Payments enabled on your store?

0 Likes
New2U
Explorer
54 1 7

Yeah there is an option to pay with shop pay , so they'd have to use shop pay to save info is what you're saying right? So if they manually put their credit card info in , and not clicking on shop pay, then next time they join, they have to re-enter info right? Unless they chose the "shop pay" button

0 Likes
New2U
Explorer
54 1 7

and I have a question  , im california , and I have taxes set up , and all that, but when I did a few test orders from other states, like florida, connecticut, etc , they aren't getting charged taxes when buying something , it only charges taxes in california , do I need a sales tax license or something in order to charge people out of state taxes online?

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
818 54 96

It's okay if customers proceed to checkout without clicking on the Shop Pay button. As long as they have selected "Save this information for next time" at checkout (see screenshot below), Shop Pay will store that information. Next time they enter the same email address at checkout, they'll be sent a 6-digit authentication code. Once the code is entered, their saved information will populate. 

Customers can also save their address by creating a customer account on your store, though this option won't save payment information.

21-05-7trbz-cs7hd

Taxes are handled a bit differently in California, and we have an overview of California's special tax rules here. Since I'm not able to provide tax advice, I recommend consulting with US state tax authorities or a tax professional who will be able to tell you how to collect taxes (either based on destination rules or hybrid origin rules) and whether any licences are required.

0 Likes