Shop Now Button on the Banner of the Debut Theme

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the "Shop Now'' button to the bottom centre on the banner of the Debut theme?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 136 376

Hey there,

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. Changes like these can be made with some custom CSS. If you are comfortable making these changes you can follow these steps. 

NB: When editing the CSS of your theme it is always a good idea to duplicate your theme first and making the changes on the duplicate. This will prevent any errors from occurring on your live site. We also recommend adding CSS to the bottom of the file as opposed to altering the preexisting code. The new code will overwrite the previous code.

• Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • In the Assets folder open up theme.scss.liquid and scroll to the very bottom. 
  • At the bottom you can paste the following code:
    .slideshow__text-wrap--desktop .slideshow__text-content {
    top: 350px;
    }
  • Click Save.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2
Hi Bo,

Thank you so much for your help.

Another question! I added the quantity in the product as per the attached
screenshot however it doesn't show quantity on the product page.

How do I fix it?

Thanks
Rose
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 136 376

Hey there, Rose!

That is a great question. I cannot seem to find that screenshot, it looks like it didn't attach correctly. Could you get back to me with this screenshot, please? I would love to help!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

@Bo wrote:

Hey there, Rose!

That is a great question. I cannot seem to find that screenshot, it looks like it didn't attach correctly. Could you get back to me with this screenshot, please? I would love to help!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Hi Bo, Thank you for your email. 1) How do I duplicate the theme? 2) How do I remove the "GIFTS" from collection image as per the attached image or link? https://zenorganichealth.com.au/collections/gifts 3) The product page is missing the available quantity unit. How do I add the available quantity unit in? https://zenorganichealth.com.au/collections/gifts/products/weleda-calendula-baby-care-gift-pack Thank you for your help. Rose

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 136 376

Hey again, Rose! 

Thank you so much for getting back to me with this one! To duplicate your theme you will need to go to Online Store > Actions > Duplicate:

To get rid of the title from the banner image on your collections you will need to:

• Go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code.
  • Open the sections folder > collection-template.liquid.
  • Scroll to line 44 and add {% comment %} to the start of the line and then add {% encomment %} to line 47. The finished result will look like this:
  • Click save. 

To enable the quantity selector on your product page you will need to do the following:

• Go to Online Store > Customize. 
  • From the theme customizer, you will need to click on the drop-down on the left-hand side labeled "Home Page" and select "Product Pages".
  • On the left-hand side, you will see a side menu with a tab labeled Product Pages. Click on this and then check "show quantity selector". 
  • Click Save.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Hi Bo,

Thank you for your response.

I've encountered an error message "Line 256  Liquid syntax error: 'schema' tag must not be nested inside other tags" when I changed the code in the collection template file to get rid of the title from the banner image on your collections. Error message attached.

I've enabled the quantity selector on your product page and it worked! Thank you :)

How do I change the search results to show as "grid" instead of line by line "Listing"? Screenshot attached.

https://zenorganichealth.com.au/search?q=collagen+peptide

Thank you for your help :)

Rose

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 136 376

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you so much for that screenshot! 

I took a look at it looks like your theme code differs from the code on my test store just slightly so apologies for that. Could you instead put the {% comment %} on the start of line and {% endcomment %} at the end of the line so the line will now read:

{% comment %} {{ collection.title }} {% endcomment %}

As for changing your search results from a list view to a grid, this would be outside of our design policy. What I would recommend doing is posting that request on a brand new forum posting so some of the brilliant developers in the community will have an easier time finding it. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Worked like a charm!  :)

Thank you so much for your help. You deserve a 5- star review! :)

Have an awesome day, Bo!

@Bo wrote:

I took a look at it looks like your theme code differs from the code on my test store just slightly so apologies for that. Could you instead put the {% comment %} on the start of line and {% endcomment %} at the end of the line so the line will now read:

As for changing your search results from a list view to a grid, this would be outside of our design policy. What I would recommend doing is posting that request on a brand new forum posting so some of the brilliant developers in the community will have an easier time finding it. 

All the Best,

Bo

@Bo wrote:

All the Best,

Bo

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0
.slideshow__text-wrap--desktop .slideshow__text-content {top: 350px;
}

I did this and it didn't move the shop now button. Any ideas 

0 Likes