'Shop Now' link

Stephen567
11 0 0

Theme: Debut Light. Building first website, no ability to code. 

The 'Shop Now" button took the user to the 'Featured Collection' section. I changed the 'Featured Collection' heading to let's say ABCDE. 

When I now click on 'Show Now', it takes to the same section with the old title, it does not state ABCDE. I can't work out how to change that.

Can you please help. 

Thanks so much,

Stephen

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1667 173 480

Hey there, @Stephen567 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. It sounds as though you are speaking about the "Shop Now" button on the slideshow/image with text overlay. To change this you will need to open the theme customizer. Here's how you can go about it:

Steps:

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Customize. 

2. Click on the section that you want to edit from this section, it is likely to be the one immediately after Header:

3. Scroll down until you see "Button Link". From there you can click on the link that is currently there and replace it. 

4. Click Save

I would highly recommend reading up on Debut here to get a better understanding of how to customize your theme and to understand what each section does. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Stephen567
11 0 0

HI,

I've made pretty good progress with most of the main functionality and navigation complete. You're right about this being about the image with text overlay. That part looks as it should. When I go to Button Link in your step 3 there is no option for the new title I used to replace the default words Featured Collection. I can't see how to change the wording. I don't want to add a new collection, just change the wording. Quite frustrating, especially with getting support in the Australian working day. 

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1667 173 480

Hey again, Stephen! 

That is interesting, could you perhaps send me on a link to your page so I can take a closer look? A screenshot of where you're seeing this would also be most helpful. When it comes to looking for help with your Shopify theme it is important to always include a link to the page in question and a screenshot of the error. You can learn more about all this in our Help Us Help You guide. 

We do offer 24/7 live support. To reach out to our support team please do visit the Help CentreWhen on the Help Centre page, you should see Support > Contact Support in the main menu or there's a Contact Shopify Support button near the end of the page. The Help Centre will try and suggest guides first to resolve your query, however, if none of these suit your needs then please keep clicking the Contact Shopify Support button at the end of the page instead. 

In some cases, Chrome extensions and cache can interfere with the Help Centre's login/authentication process and you might experience a "loop" when trying to contact our support. If this happens, I'd recommend clearing your cache or tlog out of your Help Centre account and access our support as a guest instead as shown in this short video. Our advisors can authenticate the account later if needed or our Facebook and Twitter support would be happy to help instead. You are welcome to contact us here on Twitter or here on Facebook.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Stephen567
11 0 0

Thanks. It's midnight here now so I'll look into this again tomorrow. My brand will be launching in a couple of weeks or so, hence no links shared here. Phone support was fantastic when it was shown as an option. 

0 Likes
Stephen567
11 0 0

I see the problem I'm having in Australia timezone now. From the page (1) "Contact support" > I go to the page (2) "Explore the Shopify help centre" > then on the (3) "Shopify help centre" page I click "Contact Shopify support". But it loops me back to (1). This is very frustrating. So because of this, it's not getting me any closer to solving this problem. 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1619 223 608

Can you post a link to your store so we can take a look? I can request access to your themes and get to the bottom of it if you'd like. Send me a DM with as much info as you can about the problem and what you want done.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1667 173 480

Hey Stephen!

Please refer to my last comment regarding this loop you're experiencing with getting in touch with our team, I have outlined steps to get around this.

I'm also happy to help here if you could share a link to your page or you can contact us over social media, the links are also provided in my comment above.

All the Best, 

Bo

0 Likes