Shopify Cleanslate Class

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 3

Hello,

I'm wondering if I am not allowed to add my own CSS rules to the shopify-cleanslate class. I added my own styles the "more payment options" popup box and then about a month later I noticed they were all gone. Looks like shopify generates the subclasses dynamically and they changed, thus erasing all of the work I did. Any way to get around this? I'd really like to have my site's color scheme be consistent.

Thank you

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Did you find out how to do this Dylan? I too am looking to modify Shopify Cleanslate CSS (and get rid of the horrible yellow PayPal button)?

Thanks, Gavin

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Same here! Did you find any solution in the meantime?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Same problem here!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Good to hear. Hopefully someone will fix this at some point. 

It's such an easy thing to do.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 3

Hi there, thought I would pop in and let you guys know how I ended up getting around this (if I remember correctly.) Since shopify periodically generates the subclasses randomly, what you have to do is find the furthest nested class which doesn’t change (I believe it was shopify-cleanslate in this case) and then use :nth-child selector to create css rules for the subclasses of that element which represent the dynamic subclasses. If anyone wants me to take a look at their site and tweak the code for them I will be happy to do so. Cheers

0 Likes