Shopify + Galleria to create photo gallery

2 0 0

Meanwhile, wonder have you ever come across the situation when you can create a href on the image showed in Gallaria, where can click on the images directly? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

No sorry. I haven't tried linking the images. I don't use Galleria that often. Just set it up once so I thought I'd share the method since it took me an hour to piece it all together. Glad it worked for you!

Shopify Partner, Helping 200 Small Businesses Get Affordable Websites
0 Likes
2 0 0

I have my galleria installed (thanks for the video) but I only have static photos of one size. I thought in the video it appeared as more of a slide show option. I am thinking I missed installing something - but what. Can you direct me?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Hard to say for sure but if you're only seeing the static photos, Galleria is probably not installed correctly. You'll have to go through my video again step by step and make sure you didn't miss something.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I re-installed again from the beginning and now I can't get any photos to show up. I guess next I need to pay someone to do it for me!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Yeah, unfortunately Galleria can be a bit finicky. I've had trouble with it myself so I can't take money for the work. You may want to find a Galleria expert or developer. Sorry. I can't help more. Make sure to read the other problems people had on this thread in case they solve your problem.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Ryan,

great tutorial! Very easy and simple! I did evertyhing you said and the images ahow up next to each other and not in a gallery :(

Did you maybe find a solution for this?

My shopify theme was customized by some other experts but  I do not see why would that interfere with the look of the page...

If you did not find a solution - could you maybe take a look at the website I am making?

best regards

Lilly

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Hi Lilly,

It could be the theme you're using. I've seen it not work with certain themes. Check out some of the other posts that solve some similar issues though as it may help you.

0 Likes
8 0 0

Thanks, Ryan. This worked fine for me. I have a couple questions about customizing the gallery a little more.

1. How do you change the size of the gallery? I would like the main images to be larger.

2. How do you add descriptive text to each image?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Hi Matt,

You'll have to check Galleria documentation for these answers. For the size, you can just change the size of the images you're using I think. Galleria does have a caption function as well but you'll have to check their docs for that.

0 Likes