3 0 0

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the video! Really helped!

Jesse

Jesse Lopez The polka dot KING
0 Likes
2 0 0

HI Ryan, 

I have got this warning "Fatal error: Could not extract a stage height from the CSS. Traced height: 0px." Any idea what I would have done wrong? 

Thank you very much.

Martin 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Read the other posts. This has already been answered.

Shopify Partner, Helping 200 Small Businesses Get Affordable Websites
1 Like
6 0 0

Thanks for this tutorial! It is great and I got it to work. I put it on my homepage at www.heroesoftheusa.com , but how can I add more text or more content to the homepage? When I try to edit the homepage in the shopify editor, it automatically gets put into the galleria code and even if I move it out, it doesn't display. How can we add this gallery, but also have other content on the page?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Daniel,

You probably need to switch to editing in text/HTML mode so that you don't mess up the code for the gallery. You can definitely add other content to the page where the gallery is.

0 Likes
6 0 0

actually, yes you're right, it looks like it works well now

0 Likes
6 0 0

I am having the hardest time trying to edit the background and centering the thumbnails.. I tried everything from what you recommended in this thread to all the links that google gives when looking this up.. I don't know what exactly to paste into the .html and where to make this happen (ideally transparent). 

I even edited the galleria.classic.css files and now I am realizing that for some reason even when I completely delete the galleria.classic.css file from my assets folder, it still loads as if the file were there, so editing the .css file is pointless for some reason.. where am I going wrong???

0 Likes
6 0 0

I am having the hardest time with shopify today.. I have already literally spent hours trying to figure this out.. I really hope you can help me with this
 on https://www.heroesoftheusa.com/ if you scroll down you will see I have a gallery where pictures are being shown and rotated automatically every four seconds
 my goal is to make the background instead of black, transparent and the thumbnails centered
a simple google search shows how to do this by editing the .css file, so I've done that.. to my frustration I found out that no matter what I change in the .css file, it still didn't show any changes to the look of the gallery!!! I couldn't believe it, so I went as far as completely deleting the .css file ( galleria.classic.css ) from the assets folder and it is still showing it! I thought I was going crazy.. until I did some more research and found out that shopify seems to be chaching this through CDN, which I don't understand. But, it seems that that is the reason why no matter what changes I would make to that galleria.classic.css file it still doesn't show
please help me make the background of my gallery transparent (or same color as my site's background) and the thumbnails centered
the tutorials for that are here: http://support.galleria.io/discussions/problems/738-how-to-change-the-background-color-and-center-th... http://support.galleria.io/discussions/problems/10-changing-the-background-color-in-classic http://support.galleria.io/discussions/questions/1979-changing-background-colour

This is the support ticket I am submitting. The guru says it is a glitch and that the design team has to have a look at how to fix it :/ if anybody else knows, let me know please

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
24 0 2

Daniel,

I have noticed Shopify caching the CSS so that changes aren't see for a while. Haven't found an answer to that but it would be nice if there was some sort of development mode.

Sorry - I can't help you much more with your specific issues with Galleria. You may want to post in Galleria support on those questions.

0 Likes
6 0 0

it's been a week and they still haven't responded.. I have completely removed the .css file and it's still working for some reason.. also it's been about a week.. shopify support also doesn't know why and what to do and is not very eager to provide support for that.. ugh, frustrating

0 Likes