Shopify Lite Cart Notes enabled but not showing

Solved
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi

I have a shopify Lite subscription as I already have my own site etc. I have enabled cart notes however the cart notes section does not appear when I embed the Buy button code. I can see Notes when I process a manual order however it will not appear for the Buy Button cart. I need to have this activated for the Buy Button so customers can leave delivery notes etc.

Please

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 22

Hi, Debbie!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. I hope you're doing well today!

Normally, cart notes can be enabled if you have an online store (ie. Basic plan). However, if you're using the Buy Button on the Lite plan, there is another option. The Buy Button's cart page can be further customized using the Buy Button SDK. Now, this does require a bit of coding experience so if you don't feel comfortable with code, I recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert to have them design a custom button for you. You can even post your specific needs to the 'Post a Job' section. If you have further questions on this process, feel free to follow back up!

Otherwise, how are you finding the functionality of the buy button and the Shopify admin? Anything else causing you any other trouble?

Cheers!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Anders

Thanks for your reply. I have a decent amount of coding experience so will give it a shot. Thanks for your help.

I'm pretty well across everything else that I need in order to get things operational.

Cheers

Debbie

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 22

Sounds like a plan, Debbie! There's further instruction on building out a Buy Button with javascript here.

Best of luck with everything! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Anders,

After looking into it I decided to put it on the Post a Job page as my JS coding is not as fluent as html, css etc. Unfortunately those who have replied have said it's not possible to do this. So now I am quite confused. I thought it would be something that could be relatively simple to do however that is appearing to not be the case. Can you advise further.

Regards

Debbie

0 Likes
4 0 0

I just went through this.  The Buy Button has a ton of undocumented features.  You can find more information by looking at the GitHub repo for buy-button-js.

The notes field can be controlled by generating your Buy Button and adding "cart:contents:note" and "cart:text:noteDescription" to the options section.  For example:

options: {
  "product": {
    "cart": {
      "contents": {
        "note": true,
        "button": true
      },
"text": {
"noteDescription": "Customize the note label!",
},

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @Powerglove15 

I cannot for the life of me find the 'options' section in the code for the Debut theme. I have gone through the product-template.liquid as well as cart-template.liquid 

Can you please direct me to where this 'option' section is?

Regards

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1

OMG! @Powerglove15 I have been looking for the solution to that for SO long and it was so simple! Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi @saltwaterdesign
Can you please tell me what theme you are using? I have the debut theme and cannot find the 'options' section in the code to add this to. Is it possible for you to share your code so I can see where you have put it and in what .liquid template?
Cheers and thanks in advance
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1

Hey Debbie! What @Powerglove15 provided is actually for those of us using a Shopify Lite plan with Buy Buttons, so I don't actually use a Shopify theme since my buy buttons are embedded on an external site. The code is added to the embed code that we add on the sites to add the buy button. If you are just using Buy Buttons, then you add it to your Buy Button code, but if you have a Shopify Store Front, I believe there is just a setting somewhere to enable this. I don't use a Shopify Store front, so I can't be of much help there, but I did find this article. https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/get-more-information-with-order-notes

0 Likes