Shopify Lite Cart Notes enabled but not showing

Solved

Success.

Tourist
7 1 1

Sorry @Debbie_Phillips I just saw that you were the original poster and you indicated that it is for the Buy Button, so yeah just add what power glove provided to the buy button emded code, no need to mess with the Shopify Theme file code! 

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @saltwaterdesign 

Holy hell ... I have been trying to get this sorted for well over a year and now here we are, 30 seconds and it is done. Thankyou for clarifying where I had to put the code. 

I've tested it on all three of my collections and did a few dummy purchases and the notes came through with the order. Thankyou so much.

Cheers

1 Like
3 0 1

Oh my goodness this is exactly what I'm looking for. I use the Shopify Lite plan with Buy Buttons but need customers to be able to enter notes. Where *exactly* in the embed code does this go??? Can someone post a screenshot with their embed code and exactly where the new line items go? I've tried seemingly everything and I can't get the new options to appear! Thank you for any help!!!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1

Sure! They both go in the "cart" section. The "Note" portion goes under contents and the "Note Description" portion goes under text. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 6.52.30 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

Either I'm daft, or it just doesn't work for me. 😔 Here's a screenshot of my code. Did I do something wrong?? Also, where exactly do the new fields appear? Right in the cart, before the user clicks Checkout? Or after?

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 7.04.43 PM.png

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 1

Hmm i can't tell from just looking at that portion of it because it does look correct, but if you want to send me the full code, I can plug it into a test site and see if I can get it to work for me and see what the problem may be. 

0 Likes
3 0 1

AHHHHH I TOTALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS UP!!!!!! For people who are embedding multiple Buy Buttons on the same page, you MUST add the code to every single one of the codes! I only had it on one, and it didn't work. But when I added it to each separate embed code, it WORKED!!! Huzzah!!! So, yeah. ProTip! Add it to EACH of your embed codes!!!!!

1 Like