Shopify website is very slow. TTFB of more than 10+ seconds while accessing links inside site.HELP.

Highlighted
6 0 0

Thanks for the amazing insight. I see and understand the points you made. 

I will get in touch with the specific app support and see if they have any suggestions.

Do you think sources for the scripts like this <link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//s3.amazonaws.com"> help?

Or should i just copy the code in the scripts and host them locally? 

The main problem as you would have noticed is that the issue is not consistent and hence debugging and fixing it really hard.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Posted twice! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
273 22 42

That I am unsure of.  Not sure how the Apps code works like that, and i doubt they would give it to you to load up as then they would have no way to prevent you from using it if you stopped paying them.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

How did you solved this TTFB issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I think I have exactly the same issue with yours! Sometimes TTFB can reach 10-20 seconds and once the page is loaded, it becomes snappy.

Is this problem solved for you?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Thomas,

I also have the "same" issue. The only app installed on my shop is Printful and using a simple theme - Brooklyn.

Sometimes TTFB for a page can reach 10-20 seconds, and once that page is loaded, it becomes snappy. And whenever people troubleshoot this issue, pages also become snappy, which makes it very difficult to convince that there is actually a problem, and I think the problem is at Shopify's end.

Any thought on what could causing this kind of issue?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
31 1 12

Hi @Rongxin 

What's happening is that your page is temporarily cached on Shopify's servers after you view it. This is why it gets snappier, and why other people will see it so (they'll be looking at a cached version too).

The cache will expire after a short while - if you update the theme or change product/inventory data that will trigger it to happen right away (I detailed what happens here: https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Understanding-Shopify-Cache/td-p/645596).

Regardless of caching, 10-20 seconds is a long time and it's likely that you've got some rogue code slowing the page down. Are these collection pages? Can you share a link and I'll take a look and see what I can infer by looking at the front end.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello @Chris_Marshall1 ,

Thank you so much for looking at this, appreciate it!

I also think that it is likely a server caching issue, and is there a way to extend the expiration time of the server cache, or it is controlled by Shopify (just curious)?

And here is the link to our shop:

https://cs50.harvardshop.com/collections/print

It is a simple setup using the theme Brooklyn, and we only use one app - Printful.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
31 1 12

I see - it's very slow. And no, AFAIK you can't dictate the expiration time.

Looking at the page source there seems to be some kind of huge loop - pretty sure that's the culprit. I can't tell without seeing the code but it looks like it's related to an app from Bold? Not sure how that's on there if you've only got that other app installed.

If you feel confident, this tool: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shopify-theme-inspector-f/fndnankcflemoafdeboboehphmiijkgp... should help you identify the offending file...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi @Chris_Marshall1 ,

Thank you very very very much! I think that was it, it was the "bold-common.liquid" that causing this crazy issue. Once we commented that out from the theme.liquid file, pages no longer took that long to load.

The theme we are using is from another team, which I suspected that someone could have installed the app - Bold before, and that bold-common thing got generated and injected to the theme file.

Thank you again for your help! Really appreciate it! :)

0 Likes