Shopify wont upload videos

lankajewels
2 0 0

I am trying to upload product videos but shopify wont upload the file.... It keeps giving me this error: 

Media upload failed

Some of your media failed to upload, please retry again.
  • 20210428_110337_1.mp4: Video failed validation because it has an invalid filetype.

I have uploaded it into the file end of Shopify & the videos are MP4 format, only 15 seconds long & between 4.44 MB & 13.23 MB in size

I have tried to add media via URL on the product page but it doesn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
alvinkonda
Shopify Partner
44 5 9

Hi,

Where exactly are you trying to upload the video? Maybe the video is not correctly formated as .mp4 Also, give us link to your video so that we can check it if possible.

FireTheme.com - The Best Free Shopify Theme To Increase Conversion Rates (CVR)
Increase your store conversion rates (CVR) and average order value (AOV) with FireTheme, the world's most-loved Free Shopify Theme. Developed for maximum performance, flexibility in mind, and simplicity at core, you can be 100% sure that...
0 Likes
lankajewels
2 0 0

If I upload it as an Embed Video using a Youtube.com link it loads on the back end but doesn't show on product page.

lankajewels_0-1619718927833.png

If I upload the MP4 File to the "add media or drop files to upload" it gives me this error

lankajewels_1-1619719057169.png

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
667 67 119

Hi @lankajewels

Hope you are doing well. I understand that you want to add your own video to your product page. I may be able to help you with this.

Note: Make sure that you use MP4 video format, which is the most widely supported video format currently available.

Note: If your video file is larger than 20MB, you'll have to upload it to YouTube and use the embed code. Otherwise, you'll need to find a hosting provider for your video, instead of using my Step 1 suggestion of Shopify Files.

Step 1: Upload your video on the Files page:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Files.

2. Click Upload files.

3. Select the video to upload. Click Open.

4. Copy the URL of the video and store it somewhere (we'll need it again soon):

Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/12d153o

Step 2: Add HTML content to your product with the rich text editor:

1. Click the Show HTML button to view the HTML code for the product description inside the rich text editor:

Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/12d166w

2. Get your video URL from Step 1. Add this code to the HTML:

<video controls="controls" style="max-width: 100%; height: auto;">

<source src="your_url_goes_here" type="video/mp4" />

Your browser does not support our video.

</video>

Be sure to replace "your_url_goes_here" in the code with the URL from Step 1.

3. Click Save.

Let me know if this solves your problem or if you need further help!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes