Shopping Cart doesn't save items

Anh_Nguyen
Shopify Partner
20 0 4

Hi Guys,

I just realized something today, that is the Shopify Shopping Cart doesn't save items you added to it even when your account is logged in.

I tried adding some items to my shopping cart with my account logged in. then logged out and tried logging in again on a different computer but the items I added initially are gone. 

Is there an issue with my cart liquid or Shopify Shopping Cart just doesn't save item? Can someple please help with a response. I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10037 119 1873

The cart is cookie based so will expire, and is local to the device. If it must be saved permanently to a customers account there's apps that can add that functionality.

You may want to also ensure this is a feature your customers need. Do you have some data to back that up or is it just an assumption at the moment?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
James_Jackson-H
Tourist
12 0 1

Is this still the case? can you recommend any apps that will allow customers to login to there account, add items to the basket, then login on another device and see the basket they added?

0 Likes
OITNN
1 0 0

I have the same issue on my store.

Is this still the case?

If so can you list the app and location to buy it please?

Regards

0 Likes
mobileq
1 0 1

Please recommend any app name that can save the shopping cart permanently

Rickyhx
2 0 1

I Agree, it would be great to have this function built in Shopify.....nowadays users use multiple devices throughout their buying journey until they make their mind to complete a purchase

If this is a common issue, looks like is a roadblock for Shopify really....

0 Likes