Show Automatic Discount Prices in Venture Theme

Excursionist
14 0 10

I am getting ready to run a BFCM sale. I have set up an Automatic Discount and tested it out. None of my products in collections or on the product page show the discounted price. It only shows the automatic discount price in the cart when checking out.

Can you please tell me how I can get the Automatic Discount prices to show in collections and product pages? I searched all over and couldn't find anything?

My theme is the Venture Theme.

0 Likes

give regular price and comparison price than it will show discount 

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 10

This is not the solution I am looking for. I suggest you re-read and understand my post before offering me your paid services.

I applied a Automatic Discount to the entire store which is the logical and right way to do this. Those prices are not being shown in the collections or product pages. Only the Cart upon checkout.

I understand I can achieve my goal by editing every product's regular and discounted price, but when I have many items in my store, going through each product one by one and adjusting the regular price and the discounted price would be a nightmare, nor logical.

0 Likes

i mean go to your product in price field 

like :

Pricing 

Price
₹ 100.00
Compare at price
₹ 101.00

than it will show discount on collection page

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 10

I know exactly what you mean, but I am not going to edit my 100+ products one by one. This is NOT the solution I am looking for. Please stop responding if you do not understand what I am asking.

0 Likes
Astronaut
1082 147 272

I dont think @ashiqueh4 was trying to offer you paid services, your first post is a little vague. We don't know what your automatic discount is, so we can't really tell you how to display your prices differently. The automatic discount is like a discount code, so it gets applied at the checkout, Shopify can't know to change your displayed prices because the code for that is completely separate. I suggest if you want help from anyone on the forum (and for free at that) you lose your attitude. 

If you want a compare at price to show for your products you're going to need to go into product template and collection template, and do the calculations yourself on the product price with liquid math filters. An easier way to do this if you wanted compare at prices to show up is to export a CSV of your products, copy your prices into the compare at price column, and then say if your discount was 20% then take the old price (now the compare at price) and multiply it by .80 and round the number. 

Alternatively you can make an announcement that notifies your customers that discounts will be applied at checkout.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 10

I dont understand what is vague. I applied an Automatic Discount to my entire store for 20% off. I want the prices displayed in the product page and collection page WITHOUT having to edit each and every product's Price and Compared Price. I feel this is a VERY simple task that I am finding out via other posts I have now found that shopify CANNOT handle this simple task.

For the record, when I was replying to ashiqueh4's reply, the preview below where I was replying does not signify where the post stops and his signature begins. All I saw was his short answer that was not what I was looking for and then his offer to hire him for his services (which is in his signature) ....enough arguing about that.

My attitude was just because the reply was uneducated to what my question was. There is a lot of people on here who want to help, but don't read or understand the problem before they jump to be first in trying to solve the problem to get badges/points/cookies, rather than wanting to actually help or asking questions to understand what I am trying to achieve.

Now this post is 5+ replys deep and no solution....and still seems like no one yet is even understanding what I am trying to achieve. I thought I was very simple and precise as to what I was looking to achieve.

0 Likes
Astronaut
1082 147 272

I mean if you read my post I told you what you have to do. You didn't say how much your discount was in the first post so that's why it was vague.  An automatic discount is like a discount code so it gets applied at checkout. The price code is completely separate from that, so you either:

A) Have to modify your product template and collection template code in your sections folder, find your product price, and use liquid math filters to calculate your discount or,

B) Export a CSV of your products and do the calculations in the spreadsheet (it's really going to be a whole lot easier than editing your code in my opinion, it will take like 10 minutes of your day, we are running a sale today on over 800 products and I just did it).

I know you think it should be such a simple thing, but it's not for Shopify. I understand what you want to do, it just doesn't work that way on this platform, and you getting short with people who are trying to help just makes you look like a jerk, so who wants to give detailed explanations to a jerk? A lot of people on the forums first language also isn't English. You should be a little more patient.

An example on how you'd apply a 20% discount to your product price in liquid would be to find the product.price in the code and do this:

{{ product.price | times: 1.00 | times: 0.80 | money}}

But there's likely to be a lot of conditions in your code so it can be troublesome finding the right place to edit.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi, I am struggling with the same problem.

Have you found a solution already?

@Ninthony I tried to implement your code but it will only change the price of my product (on the product page) instead of showing the discount like with the comparison feature, where you see the old price vs new price and difference in %.

0 Likes
Astronaut
1082 147 272

Provided you're working with variants, you can get the percentage off like this:

{%- assign compare_at_price = variant.compare_at_price -%}
  {%- assign price = variant.price -%}
  {% assign percentage_off = compare_at_price | minus: price | times: 1.0 | divided_by: compare_at_price | times: 100 | round %}

{{ percentage_off }}% Off

Otherwise if you're working with just product you would substitute the "variant" keyword for "product".

{%- assign compare_at_price = product.compare_at_price -%}
  {%- assign price = product.price -%}
  {% assign percentage_off = compare_at_price | minus: price | times: 1.0 | divided_by: compare_at_price | times: 100 | round %}

{{ percentage_off }}% Off
0 Likes