Show Custom Shipping Rates at checkout

Tourist
17 0 2

Hi everyone!, i want ask to this comunuty about and issue that i will love can fix, let´s start! i have several shipping rates at my checkout, i leave you here an example about how i have the set up of my shipping rates:

Example:

Express Shipping (Free over $99) : $9.90

Express Shipping (Free over $99) : Free

DHL Shipping (Free over $160): $29.90

DHL Shipping (Free over $160): Free

Then the issue is that these Shipping rates always appears at checkout, but i would like that shipping rates that weren´t necessary don´t appear, i mean if one customer place an order over $160 i don´t want that the option "DHL Shipping (Free over $160): $29.90" , any idea about how i coulg get this, thank you and have a great weekend ahead!

Best,

Juan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
196 20 28

Hi, @Jalonso78!

Ash here from the Shopify team. 

This is a great question. It’s definitely valuable to only show relevant shipping rates at the checkout, as this helps reduce any confusion your customers may face. By setting up conditions for each of your shipping rates, you can control when they appear for customers based on the contents of their carts.

From your example, I can see that you’re planning to have your shipping rates based on price. These are considered “price based rates”. Here is a screenshot from my test store showing how they will look in the admin when they’re set up with price conditions:

28-49-9oa5d-wzv7n.jpg

By adding in price based conditions such as “US$0.00–US$160.00”, that means that rate will only appear if a customer’s cart is between $0 and $160. This prevents a customer with a cart of $162, for example, from seeing the $29.90 rate. We have some more instructions here on creating your own flat shipping rates which you can reference if you need. 

Another idea to consider is adding a Shipping FAQ page on your site. This will allow your customers to see that they can get free shipping by spending over a certain amount before they reach the checkout. Here’s some information on how to make a new page on your Shopify website. We also have a great blog post here with more ideas on what to add to a shipping FAQ page. 

What kind of products are you selling? I’m eager to learn more about your business and discuss any other topics you may be working on. 

Let me know if you have any further questions on this, or need any assistance setting up your rates or a FAQ page. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes