Show SKU - Doesn't change when choosing different variant

Tourist
43 0 0

Greetings,

It works !

Thank You !

I'm still unsure why we have an "Old" version since we got it recently.

Once again Thank You :)

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2617 50 614

Things are changing fast these days :)

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
1 Like
1 0 0

Hi,

I had the same problem and thanks to you guys I was able to make it work on one of the websites with "Debut" theme, however trying to do the same thing on a different website with "District" theme,  but the SKU will stay the same when changing variants. Any help will be very helpful.

Thanks.

<div class="product-title">
              <h1 itemprop="name">{{ product.title }}</h1>
             <!-- <div class="details"><span class="type">Product:<strong> {{ product.type | link_to_type }}</strong></span><br> -->    

<div>  {% assign current_variant = product.selected_or_first_available_variant %}
          SKU: <strong><span class="variant-sku">{{current_variant.sku}}</span></strong>

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi

I also have this issue but trying to do something a little different. I have a price for our silver chains with different lengths hwever the SKU is not changing when a different chain is selected even though a different size is allocated in the variants.

Please advise how I can fix this issue.

Paul

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, I had been following this thread for info on SKUs updating when different product variables are selected on a Product page and tired the solutions posted above with no luck. This week however, I found the following page in the Shopify Help Center. With a couple lines of code added to my Sectioned theme (both in the HTML and JS), we were able to get things to display how we want them. We still have an older site to get this fixed on, but for a site we are soon to be launching, it is working as expected. Check it out, it may be helpful.

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/features/show-sku-numbers#sectioned-themes

0 Likes