Show all product Colour variants in Brooklyn theme Collection page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all,

I'm wanting to show all product colour variants on my collection page. Whilst I've read about people doing this in a few places, it seems to be far more complicated when you want to use the "Collage" style listings that are in the Brooklyn theme. Has anyone done this for the Brooklyn Collage before and willing to share the code?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 0 50

Hi Liv!

I have not run into users of Brooklyn doing this from code, but there would be the possibility of using an app for this, if you are unable to arrange the code for it. I hope this could be a good alternative for you:

Check those out, they can definitely help you show off the different color choices on the collection page :)

Hugh

Happy selling! :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the response Hugh.

From what I'm seeing those apps provide a swatch selector on the Product page. I'm fine with a text-based selector and I have that working already.

What I really want is for users to be able to see all the colours as if they are different products when viewing the Collection page. I think this would be relatively simple using the Grid-style collection display, but becomes far more complicated when using the Collage-style available within Brooklyn (which I much prefer). The Collage style has a bunch of calculations behind it in order to derive the layout rather than just repeating a product HTML snippet for each result.

I was hoping someone had done this before so I'll wait to see if there are any other responses. Otherwise I'll either give the code a go myself or just add each colour as a separate product rather than as a variant - (I'll then lose the ability to switch colour on the Product page though, which is not ideal).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi! Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I am also using the Brooklyn theme and wanting to show the variant drop down option right on the collection page.

0 Likes