Showing cart products upon hover

Wmatth3w
8 0 0

Hello, I was trying  to find any information regarding a solution to be able to add the effect of showing products/items in the cart upon hovering over Menu Bar Cart Icon. I couldn't find anything regarding this, and I've seen it on other stores. Maybe I'm not writing the correct keywords on google or in the search box here on the forum, but hope that if the bots didn't understand me, people might. Hope to hear from someone that might have some insight on this.

I am using the Debut theme.

Thank you!

Replies 4 (4)

Max
Shopify Staff (Retired)
583 19 93

Hi, @Wmatth3w.

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

I totally understand how finding the right terminology can sometimes be a barrier for finding the correct solution. Hopefully, some of the details I'll share here will help (you and maybe others)!

Have you considered trying out an app to help add this feature? Here are a few that I'd suggest reviewing:

Are most of your customers coming from Desktop devices? If so, this hover option could be a great solution! Some other more prevalent cart customizations are cart drawers (or slide-out carts) this could be achieved with apps or themes. These can help with a click reveal current cart details and are great for mobile and desktop versions of your online store (hover isn't really as prevalent in mobile devices since scrolling and clicking is most used)!

In general, cart changes and tutorials can be accessed from this doc. This includes some best practices for editing too, which might be good to keep in mind as you tweak your Online store!

Let us know if you choose any of the above options or if you need some more support making a choice.We'd be happy to help!

Cheers,
Max

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

You can use apps as suggested or hire a developer to design this functionality for you. If you're a developer and would like to learn how I'd be happy to let you know how you can achieve this.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
SomeUsernameHe
Shopify Partner
468 53 87

I am a developer and would love to know how to accomplish this. 

Have I helped? Consider putting coffee in my mouth!
Buy Me a Coffee
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2329 350 1023

@SomeUsernameHe send me a private message and let me know what you're looking to do. Examples would help and I'll see if I can guide you.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄