Showing price on sold out products (narrative theme)

Solved
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

Hi,

I've launched my website but have just been made aware that when my products are sold out, the price disappears. Is there a way to show the price as well as the sold out text. I am using narrative theme

I only open for orders monthly so need to have my prices showing at all times. 

https://annyanderyn.myshopify.com/collections/baby-mobiles

I'd like them to show on both the collection pages & product pages.

Thx

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2892 308 476

@annyeryn29 - I do not see the price code when product is sold out, so I think we will need some code customization to the site, if you can give me staff or collaborator access then I can check it, you can use my email given below, can contact on it as well

You are welcome to contact me, my email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
Free Shopify solutions/tutorials on youtube
#1 page builder app on Shopify - for FREE! PageFly
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

Thank you @suyash1 

I have emailed you.

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2892 308 476

@annyeryn29 - checking it now

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2892 308 476

@annyeryn29 - issue is your product settings are done for product with variants and it shows sold when no variant is available, and if variant is not available then it can not fetch variant price as it is null.

Right now I set product price but see, by default it shows price of the variant. I recommend that if you have variants like size-color etc, please add price to it from back end and we can test it

0 Likes
annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

Hmmm, that is quite frustrating. I thought it would be an easy fix.

All the prices have already been added in the back end & do show when the product is "in stock". I have set everything to zero as I'm not opening to orders until next week but want my customers to still see the price on both the collection pages & the product pages but without the opportunity to order until I'm ready. I can see your edit on some product pages but on some it doesn't work well.

The mobiles do not have variants so it works for them. Not sure what else to do...

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2892 308 476

@annyeryn29 - I have added code to show prices but this might not be correct as user sees lets say 100 and opens product and then few variants have lets say 125. This created bad impression too, I recommend to remvoe all pricing and keep it like it is right now

annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

I agree, I have removed your code from theme.liquid but prices still showing. Could you remove any extra code elsewhere.

Thank you for trying it's a shame that Shopify can't do this simple thing.

0 Likes
suyash1
Shopify Partner
2892 308 476

This is an accepted solution.

@annyeryn29 - removed everything, prices should not be visible now. SOrry for the disappointment, if you need anything later then you can contact me on my email , I will check it when I get back online.

annyeryn29
Excursionist
37 0 10

I've seen my friend also using narrative theme and her prices show when sold out? Does this help with any code for mine?

https://leonieandtheleopard.co.uk/collections/mini-wall-flags/products/peace-mini-flag

0 Likes