Showing price with and without vat in product page in Shopify Supply Theme

2 0 0

This topic seams to be a bit hit and miss and before anyone directs me to this shopify help page below, it doesn't work on the Supply theme as the code is different.

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/show-vat-prices

Can someone please help in pointing me in the right direction to put preferably just the 20% Vat inclusive price throughout and only showing the ex-vat price with the inc-vat price in the cart and the checkout.

I have been working on the shop and this is my final hurdle as I need the customers to see exactly what they are being charged all the way through the process and not find out right at the end that they are being charged an extra 20% thus causing them to abandon the cart.

If this issue cannot be resolved I will be forced to look at another platform, any Ideas guys?

Many thanks in advance 

Ian

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
389 6 58

Hey Ian! 

Submit this a pay per task request on my site - here - and I'll see if I can get this working for you, free of charge. Please include the link to that help doc you've shared in your post when submitting the request. 

Cheers,

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi Stephen

I have exactly the same requirement with the Supply theme.  Are you able to help?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi Stephen, same problem, I need to show prices with +16% of taxes using the Supply theme.

Did you figure out how?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi All

As I started the thread I should let you know that you should just take all of your pricing from excluding VAT to including VAT.

I have had a long time, not only talking with Shopify but also many different Experts from Shopify and the main problem comes from not showing the vat inclusive price in the product page but the converted price then in the cart and even worse the price in the Checkout. 

The simplest way is to click the box in Settings/taxes in admin to 'All taxes are included in my price'

Then if like me you had a massive amount of products ie over 6000 then changing the price is a pain but if you export your CSV file I did mine in Excel then added 20% to the price column then imported it back in.

The result of all of this is that all my prices are inclusive of vat and at the checkout there is a vat breakdown.

I hope this helps all and at least it was free to do.

If you want to checkout how it looks go to www.kitchensuppliersonline.co.uk

Thanks

Ian 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Thanks for your response Ian, unfortunately at least for me, in México is required to show the prices including taxes in the catalog but disaggregated in the shopping cart (sub-total/taxes/total).

0 Likes
Tourist
24 0 3

Setting ALL prices to include tax in shopify admin does not help if you sell Internationally and have to have the TAX removed for the customers who purchase from outside of the EU. We have to set our prices EXCL VAT and then set the tax rates for all countries outside of EU as 0%. Otherwise we end up charging tax to these customers and then they get taxed again on their border and never come back.

We used bulk editor to reduce all of our prices by 23% (our rate of tax) it only took a minute, we then installed a third party app called exemptify which allows us to display the price incl and excl tax or just inc tax which is our preference.

The only issue we are having at the moment is some kind of clash with our currency switcher which hopefully we get sorted out with secomap by the end of the day.

The above (all except) the currency switcher thing works perfectly for us and our customers. I hope this helps some of you out there who are looking for a 0% vat solution without having to use a discount code. 

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello Charles,

I am facing the same situation as yourself, did you ever manage to display both exc. and inc. prices?

I look forward to heraing from you.

Many thanks,

Marshall | Founder of ML Performance | www.mlperformance.co.uk 

0 Likes
22 0 0

Hi There,

Yes we did get a fix which we have since reverted but it was effective.

We worked with two apps "currency switcher" and "exemptify"

Exemplify displays the total price with VAT on the store, and you have to add the text on your currency switcher app "Incl VAT" and it then displays that next to all prices.

So basically you enter all your prices without VAT into agility and set up tax rates in shopify itself. Set your own tax rate in exemptify and add the custom "Incl VAT" on currency switcher and it works.

Both Exemptify and Thierry at currency switcher were great in helping us achieve what we needed.

The only slight "glitch" was that the price without VAT flashed up for a split second prior to being shown with tax on the product page, but this wasn't a big deal.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Charles

0 Likes
Highlighted
22 0 0

Just had a quick browse on your store, I'm a bmw owner myself.. any advice you have on tuning my 2013 X6m would be awesome.

I'm in the market for a set of decat pipes right now, have been quoted €2500 for supersprint decay pipes and ecu remap to 615bhp... 

Let me know what you think or indeed if you have any advice or parts you think are worth my while.

Thanks

Charles

0 Likes