Solved

Showing prices in shopping cart to be inclusive of GST - Australia

KerryP
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi there,

First time posting here, and I'm hoping the community can help. I have an issue with my cart and the way it is showing taxes - GST (Goods and Services Tax) for Australia. 

In Australia all items are sold with a 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax). The price I have showing on my product pages is GST inclusive i.e $39.00 including GST.

However, when I test an item and add it to the cart, the price is shown as $39.00 plus it adds on an additional $3.90 for GST making the final sale price $42.90.

Is there a way I can get around this situation? I would like it to show the final price as $39.00 which includes GST of $3.55 (making the original price before GST $35.45). Australians are used to seeing the price of an item and assuming it includes the GST rather than seeing it added at the end (which I think is the opposite to how it works in the USA?) It would annoy my Australian market tremendously if they see GST added once they land in the checkout cart and it would also seem misleading to not show the price upfront including GST. For example, it's standard in our retail stores and supermarkets to show the entire price including GST.

Any help or advice on how I can change this is much appreciated. I have searched online and also asked the team who developed the theme I'm using but they're unable to help.

Thanks so much,

Kind regards 

Kerry 🙂 

Accepted Solution (1)

Be_Steven
Shopify Partner
142 28 39

This is an accepted solution.

I think normally it should depend on the Tax setting rather than the theme code

Have you check the setting on Admin - Settings - Taxes ?

Quyen_Beo_0-1618593776238.png

Was my reply helpful? Please Like and ✔️ Accept Solution. This mean alot to me.
I'm looking for a remote job. Please contact me via besteven0912@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Be_Steven
Shopify Partner
142 28 39

This is an accepted solution.

I think normally it should depend on the Tax setting rather than the theme code

Have you check the setting on Admin - Settings - Taxes ?

Quyen_Beo_0-1618593776238.png

Was my reply helpful? Please Like and ✔️ Accept Solution. This mean alot to me.
I'm looking for a remote job. Please contact me via besteven0912@gmail.com
KerryP
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Quye

Thanks so much for your reply and advice, it's solved my problem! 

Thanks again, 

Kind regards

Kerry