Sidebar Debut theme

Solved
Nemir
1 0 0

Hi there.

I am making cosmetics e-shop and using Debut theme, however, I been trying for almost a week to add aside navigation bar for filtrating products based on their prices, sizes, etc,, but unfortunately, all attempts failed, any idea of how to add them to my shop.

Thank you

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1094 124 170

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Nemir,

Hank here from Shopify.

There are a couple of ways this can be done, either by the likes of an app or through some coding of the theme. I will share some resources for you below to consider!

The first option would be through the likes of using a filter app. There are many that you can use, but I will list a sample from that list.

You can see the different styles or features being offered by these apps, but I will share another option.

As I mentioned this can be done through some coding for your theme. Hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Nancy_Drake
Trailblazer
162 9 16

Hello @Nemir,

You could use Ultimate Filter and Search to have a world-class product filter experience on both desktop and mobile.  Some advanced benefits you can get are Multiple filter value selection of the same type, Filter on collection and search page, filter by type, collection, options, tags.  It smoothly matches with Debut theme and setup takes only a few simple steps.

Please take a closer look at the demo store: https://usf-vertical.myshopify.com/search

0 Likes
Dannyf
1 0 0

Hi Nancy,

Can you help I am looking for something like this app mentioned the Ultimate Filter and search, the demo looks great but I cannot find the app ?

0 Likes
Nancy_Drake
Trailblazer
162 9 16

Hello @Dannyf 

You can install the app at  https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1

0 Likes
amanrose
1 0 0

Hi,

Can you please tell me how I can add a sidebar to the Debut Theme?

For example, at the top of my site I have a "Shop by Item" drop down menu with 3 columns (Tableware, Banners, Accessories). Each column has a list. I.e. "Tableware" has plates, napkins, cutlery, etc. . When I click on "plates" I want to see all the plates, but also, "tableware" listed on the side, with all of the categories listed. Can you please help me do that? thank you!!

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 98 155

Hi @amanrose

As Hank mentioned in a previous response on this thread, this will require the use of a third-party app or help from the Shopify Experts. Please check out Hank's response for more details!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes