Simple Assistance .. Footer

Solved
Tourist
17 0 1

ttablee.jpg

Hello there ,,  (1)  how do i remove the {div>} at this corner       and     (2). align the menu 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 33 72

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

For the extra "div>" bit at the bottom it appears that you have added an extra set for the closing bracket as you were adjusting the footer code. I went into my test store and played around a bit and was able to solve it quite easily.

First, you're going to need to go into your Shopify Store Admin and click Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. Once you click edit code you'll be brought to the coding dashboard which has all the files that make up your store. Based on the image that you've given I'm assuming you're a bit familiar with that area. However, even if you're not, the steps are very simple. You can just click on theme.liquid and scroll all the way to the very bottom. You'll see a section that says {% section 'footer' %}. In there should be a broken duplication of the closing 'div' bracket.  It will look something like this image here.

2019-10-tudwq-jfzj6

If you have any questions about that please let me know and I can help you even further.

I have a general concept of code for things like what I have directed above, but for customizations like the alignment of text then I would need to reach out to our themes team.

If you're using a Shopify theme I can submit this to our themes team if you'd like and they should be able to customize this for you for free with your free design time that comes with your Shopify account. Is that something you'd be interested in?

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

please share a store url to better assist 

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

yes it's  a Shopify theme  and I would like to seek some help  for customization  please submit my account for the free customization time. 

@Dallas wrote:

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

For the extra "div>" bit at the bottom it appears that you have added an extra set for the closing bracket as you were adjusting the footer code. I went into my test store and played around a bit and was able to solve it quite easily.

First, you're going to need to go into your Shopify Store Admin and click Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. Once you click edit code you'll be brought to the coding dashboard which has all the files that make up your store. Based on the image that you've given I'm assuming you're a bit familiar with that area. However, even if you're not, the steps are very simple. You can just click on theme.liquid and scroll all the way to the very bottom. You'll see a section that says {% section 'footer' %}. In there should be a broken duplication of the closing 'div' bracket.  It will look something like this image here.

2019-10-tudwq-jfzj6

If you have any questions about that please let me know and I can help you even further.

I have a general concept of code for things like what I have directed above, but for customizations like the alignment of text then I would need to reach out to our themes team.

If you're using a Shopify theme I can submit this to our themes team if you'd like and they should be able to customize this for you for free with your free design time that comes with your Shopify account. Is that something you'd be interested in?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 33 72

Perfect! I will just need to authenticate the account and then I can send this up to our themes team. 

I'm going to send an email to the email that's associated with this forum's account. If that is the account owner's email then you just need to reply to this email. If this isn't the email set as the account owner's email on the store then please CC them to the email and then have them reply to the email. From there I will have the verification that I need to send it up to our themes team. 

Please keep an eye out for that email. 

0 Likes
Tourist
17 0 1

so send the email then i get that development time for the footer please ... thank you 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 33 72

Hey, 

I actually sent the email the day that I replied to this forum post which would have been October 23rd. However, I have gone ahead and sent you another email. 

If you don't see it in your inbox please check your spam folder as well. It's possible that it might have gone in there. 

Let me know if you don't see it,

0 Likes