Simple Shopify Theme Navigation & Product Image Display Issue.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Hello, 

Need help with simple theme Side-bar drop down not working. When we try to click the plus sign to open our nested menus it no longer opens, it was working fine before but has stopped working, we've had to list menu items individual without submenus. Also on product pages image zoom feature will not work as well as not able to view other images of the product when additional images are clicked on, it doesn't switch to view other product angles it just stays on main image. Please assist if your able. Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

Hi, @2Adsup!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Without access to your code or account, I'm not able to provide specific advice to the exact situation, but I can definitely help in general terms.

If you've installed menu app or product page app recently this may have an impact on the code in your theme. Moreover, if you've made any changes to the code in the theme in any way, there may be code that doesn't work well together with the existing theme code.

To rule out those possibilities of custom code interfering with your theme functions, you can follow the steps below to roll things back to before those changes were made. You can also find these steps in the Shopify Developers tutorials page as well.

1. Go to Online Store > Themes

2. Next to the theme you want to edit click Actions > Edit code

3. Under the Templates header, click into one of the .liquid files you've edited recently

Lilith_0-1604970943283.jpeg

4. Click Older versions next to the .liquid file name

Lilith_1-1604970943736.jpeg

5. Click the drop-down menu to select an older version - this will roll the code back to that saved version

Image_e3bM9kGCXk

6. (optional) Click Preview and see if the error was fixed.

Depending on how much has been edited in your theme, you can also opt to hire someone experienced such as a Shopify Partner. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Ok. let me know how i can securely give you access to our account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

Have you had the chance to test the rollback method? This will be the first troubleshooting step we'll need to complete before moving forward.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Well have not tried that yet because a lot of changes have been made to the site don't wanna lose the way the site looks currently.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for confirming! This helps refine some options for you.

When it comes to theme customizations done by someone outside of Shopify's escalated theme support team, we're not able to support errors that could be caused by those customizations. Here's a bit more information on the Design Policy on what we can support.

That said, I strongly believe you can fix the current theme issues by making a duplicate of the theme that's having these issues and locating the code that is interfering. You can compare the code to the original by rolling back the templates in your duplicate. Test things out with that duplicated theme instead of the live one so that you don't remove some edits you want to keep. Once you locate the interfering custom code, you can then modify it to work within the rest of the theme or remove it if you'd like.

Alternatively, you can definitely speak to a Shopify Partner that is qualified to help in cases like these. If you're not too familiar with HTML/CSS/Liquid or other code in the theme, this might be a great way to get this fixed quickly.

As a side note: Duplicate themes are a great way to test out new custom code before implementing it to a live site. This is good practice in order to avoid errors on the live site that can impact the customer experience in realtime. It gives merchants a great chance to see how the code works with the theme and make any corrections before adding it to the live theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for all your help. Problem has been corrected, it was a jquery enabling option that had to be adjusted through the third party side.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
351 39 79

Happy to hear it's been corrected right away!

All the best with sales & revenue on the site as we cross into the new year!

0 Likes