Simple Theme: Removing Product Titles and Prices

Solved
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello,

For the Simple theme, I have looked around trying to find the solution to removing the prices from the Featured Collection page on the home page. I also want to remove only the product title on the actual product page because I have an image with the product's name already on it.

I want the product's price removed in the Featured Collection and want the prices to only appear on the actual product page.

Featured Collection Price.PNG

On the actual product page, I want only the product title removed.

Product Page Title.PNG

Thank you!

0 Likes

Success.

Hello 

To remove product title and prices on featured collection:
Add this css at bottom of
Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

.product__title.text-center {
    display: none;
}
.product__prices.text-center {
}

To remove product title on product page:
Add this css:

.product-single__title {
}

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
160 19 20

Hi, @monae_rose92!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

There are various ways to hide these two elements on your theme. @oscprofessional did a perfect job of making the solution quick and straightforward. Thank you for doing that @oscprofessional!

I'd like to mention that you may want to reconsider removing the product page title. Depending on how your customer views your site or what the general flow of traffic is, if they land on the product page, it's easier to remember what they're looking at if they have a couple of tabs open on their browser. It also makes it easy if they share the product link with a friend; their friend will be able to instantly know what the product name is if they haven't looked at any other part of your site yet.

In most cases, if your brand is new and you're just getting started with your first few sales, making these big changes to the general way that customers expect to see an ecommerce site can cause some damage to your bounce rate and conversions.

That said, if you're planning a specific business model for your hair products such as wholesaling or other unique sales structures, you can definitely try this out to see how this changes your flow of traffic or conversion rates! I'd be interested to know how it works out for you.

I do recommend increasing the size of the font for your price on the product page if you choose to remove the title. This will help balance the layout of the product page and add a visible anchor for the eye at the top of the page.

Here's my recommended code for that:

1. Head over to Online Store > Themes.

2. Click on Actions dropdown next to the Simple theme that you're working on.

3. Select Edit Code.

4. On the left side folders list click on Assets to expand the files in it.

5. Scroll down and open theme.scss.liquid.

6. Scroll to the bottom and add this code:

.product-single__price {
    font-size: em($font-size-header);
}

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you very much for your help!!

Have a great day! :)

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you so much for your advice!! I greatly appreciate it!!

Enjoy the rest of this blessed day! :)

0 Likes