Simple footer font size

Solved
Tourist
7 1 0

Okay, fair warning - I'm a 100% non code speaking individual with about 2 brain cells so please be gentle.

I'm using the Simple theme and I've searched for about 2 hours now across all of google and this forum but I cant seem to find enough helpful information about this. I'm trying to change the font size of the footer text in my footer on my page to be a tiny bit smaller. I'd also like to be able to change the font size on my product titles (names) so they're not the same size as my website title in the top left corner. I understand that there's something in the css.liquid file and specifically I cannot find anything that appears remotely helpful in affecting the footer font size. I MIGHT have found the place to change the size of the product title, but I'm not really sure. 

Side note: So, I picked up some tips on google about inspecting elements on the site in order to discover what parts of the code I should be looking at in the files to change, and upon doing this with those two objects I've discovered a line that says "Inherited from...." so I'm assuming that means it has something to do with the overarching settings for font style/size that are available in the easy mode editor (the one where you can choose your font with the little menu that displays them all nice-like and you can just use the drop-down menu to select your size) but maybe that's just a wild stab in the dark.. Idk. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. :D

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
665 170 199

Hi, @Heironeous ,

This is Evita from On The Map.

Can you add your store URL and a screenshot of the text you want to change?

Best,
Evita

On The Map Marketing | Developing custom Shopify Sites & Apps is our thing

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
- Inc 5000 | Shopify Parners | 20+ stores launched | 300+ active clients
- Need help with your Shopify store? Reach out to us!
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0

This image shows the things I'd like to be able to change and the website is not live yet but the URL is https://www.whoisntbazaar.com.

Ideally I'd love to be able to set individual fonts and sizes for each spot - or at least change the font type for the collection title and product titles, then the font sizes for all of those that are circled - to be more specific. Mostly, I'm more concerned about the footer section. Those links are as big as the Featured collection title and it's just ... too much. lol
highlighted what i wanna change.png

0 Likes

Success.

Hello ,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->theme.scss->paste bellow code in bottom of file

.template-index .featured-products h2 {
	font-size: 40px;
	font-family: Times;
}
.template-index .featured-products .product__title {
}

Please change font-size and font-family as per your requirement

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0
Beautiful! I will try that when I get back to the computer. What about the footer text? Will that also address that size as well?
0 Likes

Is "Opportunity"  footer heading

Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0
Not the heading but one of the links I plan to link to pages. The heading is currently blank so it does not appear.
0 Likes

Please try this for footer links

.site-footer__section-title {
}

If my solution gets work then please don't forget to like and accept...

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 0
Will do
Thank you so much. While I have your attention.. might I ask... is that information not in their css file for any particular reason or was I right about the inheritance thing at least? I'm just beginning to dip my toes into this coding business and it's quite daunting but I'm willing to learn!
0 Likes

You have to add above css in your theme.scs file

0 Likes