Solved

Single Product with multiple options - how to list on shopify?

annyeryn29
Explorer
48 0 14

I'm selling handmade products via Squarespace & in the process of migrating my store to Shopify.

Essentially I sell a product with multiple options rather than variants. I have tried using the variant option in the product pages but it's adding multiple products to my inventory which I do not want. For example, if I list a display character, I want the customer to be able to choose giraffe,lion,zebra etc and then the colour of the base (oak/birch). Each month I have space to make 4 of these items. If I use variants, I have to add stock to each one which makes no sense to me. I'd like to be able to list one product with a stock of 4 but then the option of character & base? Hope this makes sense 😕

My store is annyanderyn.myshopify.co.uk and password is baoshe

Any help/advice appreciated! Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @annyeryn29!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! There are a few apps that you can look into that may be able to support this. Most of them have free plans or free trials available, so you can test out whether they work for your business needs. Alternatively, you can reach out to the app developer for support.

My colleague personally uses Infinite Options and tested it out on his shop. He was able to get it working so that if you have four in stock, and customers checkout with four any selection of the available variants, the product would then be sold out.

This is how the cart appeared with four variants added:

23-49-1new6-uczik

In contrast to what appears if more than four variants are added to the cart:

23-50-7dc8q-3t9dc

I hope this helps answer your question! Because we offer limited third-party app support, it's always best to check with the app developer for more information. If there is anything I can clarify on the Shopify side of things, please let me know.

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @annyeryn29!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! There are a few apps that you can look into that may be able to support this. Most of them have free plans or free trials available, so you can test out whether they work for your business needs. Alternatively, you can reach out to the app developer for support.

My colleague personally uses Infinite Options and tested it out on his shop. He was able to get it working so that if you have four in stock, and customers checkout with four any selection of the available variants, the product would then be sold out.

This is how the cart appeared with four variants added:

23-49-1new6-uczik

In contrast to what appears if more than four variants are added to the cart:

23-50-7dc8q-3t9dc

I hope this helps answer your question! Because we offer limited third-party app support, it's always best to check with the app developer for more information. If there is anything I can clarify on the Shopify side of things, please let me know.

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.