Site very slow to load

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, I'm a total freshman trying to build up my first site, could anyone advise how to speed it up a little?

I ran a test on pingdom and it says I have 398 requests, read tones of articles about reducing HTTP request but still don't know what to do and how to do it.捕获.JPG

My site is: www.icosuny.com and I have installed 6 APPs including a picture optimizer and a page speed optimizer, can anyone help me please?

Many thanks!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @anyzeng ,

Yes You need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion. 

In order to Improve website speed your need to:

1. Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
  2. Compressed images or Defer offscreen images.
  3. Web Pages need to be Minified.
  4. Reduce JavaScript execution time
  5. Minimize main-thread work
  6. Beware of excessive liquid loops
  7. Decrease thumbnail image size
  8. Weigh the benefits of installing another app

I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
540 37 110

The key areas I found that can help is Lazy Loading and reducing requests. There is also some image optimization you can do.

Here are the results of your home page on the Shopify Analyzer: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/flx27xlgmw

That's an analysis tool I built specifically for Shopify sites. This makes it easy to see what can actually be optimized and how to fix it.

I like Pingdom for getting an overall picture of which resources are contributing the most but it's a general tool so some of the recommendations don't make  sense for Shopify sites.

My team and I have optimized hundreds of Shopify sites and share the knowledge through guides and articles - here's the full Shopify optimization guide I wrote: speedboostr.com/shopify-optimization.

For lazy loading, this article will help you out: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-lazy-loading.

For the # of requests, check to see if you have any old app code loading from apps you previously uninstalled (if they added theme code and you uninstalled them, you need to manually remove the theme code). You can also employ tactics like conditional loading (where you only load necessary scripts on the pages they're loaded).

Lastly, it's good to clean up your console errors (the lines in red):

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 9.41.49 AM.jpg

Console errors can indicate broken code or files, which can lead to performance or functionality problems.

Those resources I shared, I wrote in a way to try and make useable for non-coders, but if you need professional help send me a message.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

Thanks a million for the reply!

Though as a non-coder I still have no clue at all 😫😫😫

I will probably get some professional help later, but before that, could you advise which step went wrong that caused this?

I mean, I have just added the theme, photos, some apps from the store, if I ever gonna have other shops, do I need to get some professional IT help every time?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
540 37 110

All good, you're a store owner you don't need to learn to code too, that's what we're here for :D

You didn't make any wrong steps.

Here are the explanations for what you're seeing:

1) Analysis tools are automated web scrapers that use algorithms to score your site and give recommendations. A low score doesn't mean a bad site, just that there are performance optimization opportunities.

2) The quality of theme matters. Some themes have a focus on performance, some theme devs are not experienced with performance. If a theme is not performance optimized, it doesn't mean it's bad, just that the developers don't have an expertise or focus on performance.

3) Every store facing app you install will contribute to load speed. This is not bad, apps are good and help sales. Revenue is more important than speed to grow your business. Some apps are coded better than others, or again with performance in mind... some are not.

My advice is to optimize as much as possible but don't obsess about scores on any tool.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes