Slideshow images on mobile different to desktop - help!

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi 

I use Shopify Responsive theme for my website www.ecobeau.co.uk and am struggling with how the homepage appears on a mobile device. I have recently added a slideshow and some collection images to my homepage using the Shopify recommended image sizes. They look great on a desktop however the slideshow on mobile doesn't look in proportion the rest of the homepage. The rest of the homepage has been optimised on the mobile however the images on the slideshow look too small. The collection images don't appear to be affected in the same way as they look fine.

Any ideas on how to make the slideshow look more in proportion to the rest of the homepage on mobile?

My website is www.ecobeau.co.uk

I'm using Responsive theme

Thanks in advance

Rebecca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 26 30

Hi @ecobeau,

Hank here from Shopify.

Great work on your website, it really looks good! I certainly understand what you mean by how it appears on the mobile device versus the desktop version. While the recommended image sizes are usually a great guideline, some themes react differently to the images per device being used.

Don't worry, this is something that your theme developer would be able to assist you with. As you are using a third-party theme, you will need to reach out to your theme developer to get them to make these changes for you as this would not be supported by Shopify. I have got their contact information for you here, but you can also find it using the steps listed in this guide.

They will be able to change the element or to change the image to a certain screen size, which will resolve your query.

Let me know how you get on with this, or if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like