Social media buttons

Solved
Excursionist
23 0 3

Hello, 

When I press the social media links it is opening in the same tab, and I would like to open in a new tab.

The https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser topic works for every external link and I would like only for social media links to open in a new tab.

I am using Venture Theme.

Thank you for your time!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 26 52

Hey, badmanners!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

You can set up this functionality by making a small tweak to your theme's code. To get to the code editor you can go to Online Store > Themes > Actions (on the theme you're editing) > Edit Code. Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store > Actions > Duplicate. Just in case.

Once in the code editor, for Venture, you'll want to open up Sections > footer.liquid. In here, around line 13 you'll start to see the code you want to adjust.

To any social media option that you want to open in a new page, you'll need to add 

target="_blank"

just after the opening of the a tag. You can see where I've added it in, in the screenshot below.

18-29-qz7x6-b43kj

As Venture is a Shopify developed theme, if you're on a currently paid plan you may have up to 60 minutes of free design time available for small tweaks like this. There is some more information on our design policy here. If you're interested having our team look into setting this up for you let me know and I can start that process!

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about what I've said here.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
23 0 3

@Lizzy

Hello,

Thank you, it works. If it's possible for one more thing. The newsletter can be added only in the homepage section, I would like to add it on different pages, like collections or products at the bottom of the page between footer and products for example.

Thank you for your time!Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
283 26 52

Hey there.

You're welcome, I'm glad that helped! To add your newsletter signup to each page you can add it into your footer so that it appears at the bottom no matter which page the customer is on.

I created this quick video here for you, to show how to set that up within Venture.

Let me know if you have any questions while setting this up.

Thank you,

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
44 0 4

It doesn't work for me! What else can I do? 

In my opinion I did it correctly... same as shown in your screenshot. 

Thanks in advance Lizzy! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
44 0 4

solved

1 Like
1 0 1

Thanks a lot Lizzy!

1 Like