Sold Out image overlay for Simple theme?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi!

I'm new to Shopify and working with the simple theme.  I'd like for products to have an overlay on the image when looking through collections, so it's clear visually that an item is sold out.  I find the built in "sold out" text by the product name to not be obvious enough.

I've found some posts on the topic but they're from years ago and I suspect things may have changed.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
194 13 36
Hello there,

I haven’t verified in our demo store but it seems an image overlay was added to Simple theme, but then maybe removed. Here is a link please scroll to the code which shows the changes to get the image overlay.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Indicating-quot-Sold-Out-quot-in-Simple-Theme/td-p/13...

Regards,

Sam
Shopify Themes and Custom Apps | hello@achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Sam,

I did see that post and had tried to implement that code in both those files.  Trouble was, it made my collections go wonky (the product images went huge) and didn't display an overlay on top of the product image.  I'm thinking that maybe in the last 6 years, some of the structures have changed within the Simple theme that make those particular codes not behave as they used to.

0 Likes