Spacing issues with paragraphs

Justine_Brooks
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with getting the spacing correct from paragraph to paragraph.

I am not sure how to fix this. In the "write your page", the spacing between paragraphs looks ok. However, when I look at the actual site, everything becomes one or two paragraphs.

Here is an example: 

http://justinebrooks.com/pages/about-justine-brooks

Thanks for your help!

Justine Brooks

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10039 119 1876

Did you copy and paste that content into the content area? It looks like you've got some rouge <div> tags in the content that are causing you issues. You can try hitting the clear formatting button on selected content but you might need to jump into html mode and manually fix them up.

Clear formatting button

HTML mode:

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Justine_Brooks
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

Thanks Jason. I see what you mean, I will give it a go and see how it makes out. I really appreciate your advice.

Justine

0 Likes
Tracy_Stolese
7 0 0

Hi, Justine!  I am  building my Shopify site and came across this thread as I was trying to figure out how to change paragraph spacing.  It looks like you've managed to do what I am trying to do, which is to increase space between paragraphs more than it is currently in the template.  Any ideas or advice would be welcome!

0 Likes
Justine_Brooks
Shopify Partner
11 0 0

I paid someone on elance.com eventually to do it, as I couldnt be bothered to figure it out! Seems to be when you put it into "simple text" it works!

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 341

Hi Tracy,

Ideally, you will just use paragraphs, and not press Enter several times to add space between them. Space between paragraphs can be adjusted in the theme's stylesheet.

Also, to go to the next line without creating a new paragraph, in writing down a street address for example, you need to click on Shift-Enter instead of Enter.

Tracy_Stolese
7 0 0

HI, Caroline...not sure if I did a good job explaining what I am trying to do....I didn't seem to find a place to do it in the theme.

I am trying to add an extra space between paragraphs on a page of text (but not as big as the space created by hitting "return" an extra time).  I guess this would be the leading.  I want it to be tighter within the paragraph, but wider from one paragraph to the next.  Do you know if there is a way to do this?

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 341

I am trying to add an extra space between paragraphs on a page of text (but not as big as the space created by hitting "return" an extra time).  I guess this would be the leading.  I want it to be tighter within the paragraph, but wider from one paragraph to the next.  Do you know if there is a way to do this?

The way to do both things is by editing your stylesheet.

Do you need help with that? What is your shop URL?

Space between paragraphs is controlled via paragraphs top and bottom margins.

Space between lines of text within a paragraph is adjusted with the CSS property line-height.

0 Likes
Tracy_Stolese
7 0 0

It's not up yet.  I'm having a lot of trouble editing the stylesheet.  I've figured out a lot of it, but am having a tough time with a couple of things like this that should be pretty simple!  I can't even change the font size of the headings!

0 Likes
Caroline_Schnap
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 341

Hi Tracy,

I work for Shopify so I am able to look at your About page now. I won't post a link, no worries.

What exact changes do you need to have made to the text on that page? Let me know!

0 Likes