Specific theme with menu

1 0 0

Hi All,

New to Shopify and have a client who is looking for a specific menu style, whereby, when you hover over the category a dropdown appears with items from that collection. Please see the example below.

www.piscinayspa.com/es/

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
503 42 68

Hi, @Jonbysoft!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Showing products when hovering over a menu is a solid way to reduce the number of clicks a customer needs to take to find the exact product they want. I can see why this is something you’re interested in. While I can’t look into that site and see specifically how their menu was set up, I'm happy to share some options that can achieve similar results. 

Our Shopify App Store has a number of applications to customize your sites navigation. Below are some links to menu-making applications that have the ability to display items from a collection in a drop-down menu. A benefit of using an application to do this, is that you’ll be able to integrate them with most existing themes, saving you from having to re-design your storefront. Here are some strong options to explore:

Since the above applications are created and supported by third-party developers, it will be best to contact their support directly for any assistance you need with them. Here is a link to our Help Center with some information on how to get support for third-party applications.

If you prefer not to use an application, it’s possible that your current theme could have a custom menu coded into it.  For a customization like this, you could consider hiring a Shopify Expert to make a custom menu for your current theme. Shopify Experts are trusted, third-party agencies and freelancers who offer services for Shopify merchants. Making site customizations is one of the areas Shopify Experts excel in. 

Are there any other areas of your site that you've been considering making changes to? I'm happy to continue our conversation here and offer some more tips. Let me know what you think of the above suggestions, and if there's any other areas you'd like advice on. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes