Splitting collections into product type rather than by design

ItsAGayThing
1 0 0

Hello,

Ive been using Prodigi (a print on demand app) and ive created a few products with the designs on them. Sadly them have grouped the products into a collection from the design thats on them.

I want to change the collections to, for example: TSHIRTS, MUGS, CUSHIONS etc. NOT by design,

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 16.30.08.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-24 at 16.29.58.png

0 Likes
mgb-shift37
6 0 0

Did you manage to resolve this?

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1976 296 784

Just tag your products accordingly and then make an automated collection by tag. Tag all t-shirt products 't-shirt', all mugs 'mug', and all cushions 'cushion'. Then make 3 different collections, T-Shirts, Mugs, Cushions -- make it an automated collection. Products must match: Check All Conditions -- Product tag is equal to t-shirt, mug, cushion, etc.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
mgb-shift37
6 0 0

I am setting up a gallery shop to sell photographs.
I am using Prodigi POD app in Shopify.
The app automatically imports the products in 5 variations per image - why? When I select that I want to sell in:
canvas, framed canvas, fine art print, framed fine art print and hahnemuhle print - it shows the product 5 times in these media.
See here:
https://lightmattersgallery.com/collections/all

To work around this - their app creates automatic collections per image - to group the 5 under one image.
https://lightmattersgallery.com/collections/

For some reason the thumbnail didn't change. But one can manually upload.
The main problem is:
Shopify won't allow me to make a collection from collections - For example - if I want to group Sea pictures together - I can't.
The other problem is - when you connect to Facebook as a store and Instagram - It wants to feed through 5 x each image.

A NORMAL way to select are is this (see fineartamerica.com):
> Choose image you like > Select the media > select the size you want > add to cart

I am using DEBUT theme. Can you help me with this? What do you suggest?

0 Likes
mgb-shift37
6 0 0

@Ninthony How do I contact you directly for assistance please?

0 Likes