Sticky/Fixed Header and Navigation for Debut Theme

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi I am experiencing the same issue, except my header takes up a portion of my website and it does not return to normal. Part of my site is behind my header and I am unable to scroll up to the missing portion.

Hi @glabs , I have this same problem! Were you ever able to find a solution for it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I tried to do this and it really works.

But the dropdown(when you add menu under menu haha), the search and the three-bar(for mobile view) are not working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Sean

Thanks for sharing this.

Is there a way to just have the announcement bar visible at all times and not the header/menu bar when scrolling down the home page?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi SeanP

I am sure you must be frustrated with all of these tech support questions - so I completely understand if you don't reply!

I am using Debut theme with the announcement bar enabled. I have implemented Option I and it does work... but down by screen "jumps and jiggles" when it loads. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Kerry

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Here's the fix to the Header covering the contents of the Body of the page.

You need to increase the space between the Header and the Body of the page. I found that this can be adjusted by changing the values in the code above (see my example below in bold) which had acceptable results for my site. Note that the top value changes the desktop version of the theme and the value below changes the mobile version.

#PageContainer {
padding-top: 130px;
}

@media screen and (max-width: 749px) {
#PageContainer {
padding-top: 200px;

Highlighted
3 0 0

thanks for posting @MinusH2O . I changed the values you gave to the following to fix the header on my page. 

#PageContainer {
padding-top: 201px;
}

@media screen and (max-width: 749px) {
#PageContainer {
padding-top: 301px;
}
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 1 1

I am having the same problem with the announcement bar pinned to the top (good thing) but the navigation bar is not moving up to fill the space.  Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 1 1

I am having the same problem with the announcement bar scrolling out of view (good thing) but the navigation bar is not moving up to fill the space.  Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

The sticky header is working  well for me in the desktop view, but no on mobile... Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I am using the debut theme. 

0 Likes