Sticky Nav Header Bar for Mobile Venture Theme

19 0 0

Hi, I am trying to find out what code can allow for a sticky nav bar in the venture theme on mobile. Currently on default, the Venture theme already has sticky nav for desktop version but not the mobile version. Does anyone know the proper code and placement to get this working? It would really be super helpful. Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 13

Hey there, @Soco 

In order to have sticky navigation when using a mobile device with the Venture theme, you will need to make some coding changes.

There is a guide in another thread here that outlines how you can accomplish this. This is a useful way if you are comfortable copying and pasting the provided code into various parts of your theme files. I would recommend duplicating your theme before doing this so you have a backup theme to fall back on if needed. Our guide here will show you how to duplicate a theme.

Otherwise, you can look into hiring a Shopify Expert. These are freelancers and agencies that you can hire for tasks, such as making theme changes to your site. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
19 0 0

That thread looks like some people are having issues. If it's not too much to ask can you paste the working code here and let me know where to place it in the theme's code? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 13

Hey there, @Soco 

In order to have sticky navigation when using a mobile device with the Venture theme, you will need to make some coding changes.

There is a guide in another thread here that outlines how you can accomplish this. This is a useful way if you are comfortable copying and pasting the provided code into various parts of your theme files. I would recommend duplicating your theme before doing this so you have a backup theme to fall back on if needed. Our guide here will show you how to duplicate a theme.

Otherwise, you can look into hiring a Shopify Expert These are freelancers and agencies that you can hire for tasks, such as making theme changes to your site. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
19 0 0

Um...yeah I just said I checked that thread and there is no fix in there. Can you send me the proper code for it?

0 Likes