Store favicon for mobile device (mac and ios) specifically - bookmarks and favourites (Venture theme

ChamanGarg
Excursionist
39 0 13

I am currently looking for a guide on how to have my store favicon or my logo show up as bookmarks/favourites on mobile device web browsers & ios/mac devices.  The Favicon I have added on my store shows up perfectfly on Chromes web browser tabs and in bookmarks.  I want to be able to do this without having to build an app.  Currently if you add my store web address to favorites on my iphone, the icon is a square with an "S" in the center (which is something that iOS does when there is no specifc favicon associated with website).  I have read a few different articles that stated there was code that needed to be placed in the website theme, but I could not find anything specific for shopify.

Store- sohumlinen.com

Pass- chaman10

Kindly help, thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3595 292 697

Hi @ChamanGarg,

Nick here from Shopify.

@ChamanGarg wrote:

I am currently looking for a guide on how to have my store favicon or my logo show up as bookmarks/favourites on mobile device web browsers & ios/mac devices. 

Shopify has a guide for adding your favicon to your online store which you can see here. Is this how you added the Favicon the first time? There is also a YouTube guide for this which you can see below:

If this was the same way you added the Favicon let me know and we can explore some other ways around this situation for you. 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ChamanGarg
Excursionist
39 0 13

Hi, I had added the favicon in a similar manner but the problem is it doesn't show up in the safari browser or the ios shortcut

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3595 292 697

Hi @ChamanGarg,

Ah I see. For Safari and ios shortcuts they are set by devices and wouldn't be to do with the themes or Shopify. 

I took a look at Safari for your store and can see the favicon: 

26-10-l72jn-ixb6j

I also did some digging online and found some guides on where to change this. 

Hope this helps!

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes